Blackhawks and Wolves

hubsportsfan17

As Bruce Hornsby sang, "That's just the way it is." Geographic sense doesn't always happen in the business of sports. Look at the Dallas Cowboys being in the NFC East.

Does anyone know if the Thrashers' contract with the Wolves and the Blackhawks' contract with the Admirals coincide? The Hawks have Norfolk contracted through '06-'07. Maybe Chicago and Atlanta can switch affiliates then.

piratesSig.gif

OWNER -- Pittsburgh Spiders (UL) * Dynamo Missouri (PLA) * Montreal Maroons (SHL)

the Hawks are run by morons who couldn't operate a can opener, of course it wouldn't make any sense to them to make the AHL team in the burbs (the Wolves' arena is in the hamlet of Rosemont) their affiliate <_< the same people decided not televising home games was a good idea; one notable result is the Wolves fluffin' OUTDRAW the Hawks...that'd be like the San Jose Giants drawing more fans than the SF Giants. It's a joke, the Blackhawks are at the point where the "Original Six" label is too good for that lot.

oh, and Wendel Young is EVIL!!!! :evil:

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

i don't see why the Hawks and Wolves couldn't be ahl affiliates. The flyers and Phantoms are in the same city, i believe on the same street, one players in the first union center and the other plays in the old Spectrum. I wouldn't mind Norfolk as the minor league affiliate of Atlanta. I never understood why the Hawks and Wolves were never affiliates.

Magus.png

General Magus Zeal

Leader of the Mystics of Medina.

The forums most hated member ever.

Competition - IHL Wolves were apart of an time when the IHL wanted to move passed the NHL or atleast looked like they did, moving into bigger cities instead of midwest cities.

I mean the 'Hawks owner doesn't even want to televise games in his own city let own wanting another team in town.

I highly doubt the Wolves outdrew the 'Hawks. Hawks averaged near 12,000-13,000, if I am correct and the Wolves averaged 8,000. Cheaper tickets too.

Chicago AHL 320,231 40 8,005.8

It won't happen because it would require the Wolves ownership to become idiots to fit in with Bill Wirtz's Blackhawks. The Wolves are doing everything they can to draw fans, and that includes trying to put a winning hockey team on the ice.

Bill Wirtz is the anti-Christ.

CGP.gif

Maybe an few games but if Wolves were outdrawing the 'Hawks, I think we would be saying time to move the Hawks or atleast we have an attendance problem on our hands.

If Hawks avg 8,000 they would be in serious trouble. I wouldn't doubt the Hawks come next season. Signed few nice role players.

Archived