Introducing the NLL Cup

Jer15

For some reason, the National Lacrosse League decided to introduce a new trophy today for their league championship.

Personally, I didn't love the previous one but this one is way too gimmicky to me. It looks like they made a Lombardi size trophy (which they admit to in the article) but didn't want to get away from the inscriptions like the Stanley Cup (or maybe more appropriately, the summer equivalent, the Mann Cup). I believe it is supposed to resemble the star in the league logo. 

There's an interactive site to see the new trophy here.

XUrV7Lj.png

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

6 minutes ago, mr.negative15 said:

For some reason, the National Lacrosse League decided to introduce a new trophy today for their league championship.

Personally, I didn't love the previous one but this one is way too gimmicky to me. It looks like they made a Lombardi size trophy (which they admit to in the article) but didn't want to get away from the inscriptions like the Stanley Cup (or maybe more appropriately, the summer equivalent, the Mann Cup). I believe it is supposed to resemble the star in the league logo. 

There's an interactive site to see the new trophy here.

XUrV7Lj.png

Doesn't look too bad. I'm sure we'll see them add another ring or simply redesign it again when they get to that point. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

6 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

I'm sure we'll see them add another ring or simply redesign it again when they get to that point. 

Oh yeah, no doubt. 

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

Archived