Roger Clemens and Boston? again?

stimpy

Yes it was close to being done and would have happined if Astros hadn't pulled clemens off the Waivers at the last minute. Thats what ESPN reports. Do you believe this? Or could it be that Boston and Clemens might have just been talking but ESPN spiced it up?

Boston claimed him, but the Astros pulled him off. It's common practice for teams to put players on waivers no matter what their caliber and see if they can clear them...if they do clear, they can be traded.

Since he was claimed, but pulled off, I don't know if the Astros can still negotiate with Boston about a trade. I do know that they were negotiating at some point, but he may have had to been still on waivers for it to go through. Houston wanted to high of prospects for Boston though.

One belief is that Boston claimed him to block a trade to the Yanks though.

once a player is put on waivers, any team my put in a claim for him. as STLFanatic said, Boston put in a claim after the Yankees did. Whether or not Clemens may have been claimed by anyone, the Red Sox would have had priority over the Yankees, probably based on the current season's records.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Archived