2019 NHL Uniform Madness Redesign Tournament (Twitter)

MrWonka

It's been a while since I've posted on here. Since myself and a lot of designers in the tournament started here I figured it made sense to update the boards on what's happening over on Twitter design.

With all of the March Madness excitement that happened recently, I decided I wanted to make my own bracket regarding the NHL. Best logos and best uniforms have been done so many times though. So my first thought was, what if we got 8-16 designers to create their own team. Decide the city, team name, logos and uniforms. Then they go head to head in a vote to see who made the best team. Unfortunately, with time, obviously, people couldn't put that much time to it. So the next idea was to take the 16 teams that make the playoffs, then have people just redesign their uniform for a tournament. Very quickly, the buzz for the tournament kicked off. We had 32+ people interested in being involved. So instead. Now, it's all 32 NHL teams (Including Seattle)

Teams will be bracketed by the Western and Eastern Conference and their seeding is based off where they end up in the standing. Seattle will be 16 for the West. Seeded as such (1-16, 2-15, 3-14 and so on). Then the 32 designers involved will be assigned a team (kept anonymous until the end of the tournament). They will then have a week to submit a home and road jersey for the team they were assigned. They can make a new logo for the team or keep the current ones or use a past one. But we're looking at who can create the best NHL uniform in a full league-wide redesign.

Voting will be held on Twitter or possibly an outside source/website. That hasn't been decided yet, but you can find the tournament and keep up with it on Twitter @UniformMadness_

Here is some of the work I've put together for it so far. 

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

If some of you decide to follow/check it out I appreciate it! I kept he Twitter Handle pretty open for any future tournaments so it's not just NHL or hockey, so many more ideas can be completed! Thanks for reading/viewing!

- Dylan Nowak

• 2 weeks later...

Since I last posted, the bracket was finalized and the teams were assigned to the designers. Tomorrow is the last day for them to design!

Also, since the last time I posted, Icethetics.co will be the home for the voting for the tournament! That's pretty huge!

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

To kick off the concepts this Monday, I made an "All Star" jersey set to go along with the 32 teams.

As always follow @UniformMadness_ on twitter for updates on voting/winners and more!

Archived