2019 Women's World Cup Graphics

OlavoP

This is a bit different as it's not a logo or a uniform concept, but I made this piece after Brazil's first game against Jamaica and plan to do some more with notable games of this World Cup. Would love some c+c

ND1S8R5.png

______
I don´t even know if this is the right forum to post this type of stuff, but I've done and seen illustrations here and it's a sport design concept after all. If I'm wrong it's my bad, and mods can tell me

Awesomely done; like bucknut42 says, it looks like a real social graphic!

I love how the players extend outside of the edges of the pictures... My only idea is to use that to avoid cutting people in half. For example, in the top left photo, there's a player in the background on the left that you could crop out by moving the photo edge to the right, and having the leftmost foreground player extend out of it.

On 6/11/2019 at 10:56 AM, bucknut42 said:

I love it! This social media style graphic is amazing and I love all the elements and the way they come together. The depth you get with cutouts really adds to the design. This is great.

Thank you! I really like how the cutouts make the photos pop on the right side of the image

On 6/11/2019 at 9:04 PM, vtgco said:

Awesomely done; like bucknut42 says, it looks like a real social graphic!

I love how the players extend outside of the edges of the pictures... My only idea is to use that to avoid cutting people in half. For example, in the top left photo, there's a player in the background on the left that you could crop out by moving the photo edge to the right, and having the leftmost foreground player extend out of it.

Thank you as well! I get what you are saying, and I tried to avoid awkwardly cutting people. On that specific case I think it looked ok, because it's just a bit of the uniform, the badge was not cut in half and there was no part of the face visible, but thanks for the feedback.

On 6/11/2019 at 10:05 PM, Tyrano123 said:

First thing: It looks great for social use. Easy to use and I can see that.

Second (and something that really bothers me): This is not called an edit. 

Thanks! I know it's not actually called an edit but that's a term I see around a lot to refer to this type of image and I've called it that for years. Anyway, I changed the name of this topic to "graphics", it makes more sense.

Anyway, did this one today:
e7uSLMG.png

Marta played for almost a year with no sponsorship so she could play in the World Cup with these boots and celebrate like this, protesting for gender equality and equal pay in the sport. Loved it.

I do have plans to make one with Marta and Miroslav Klose since she tied him for joint topscorer in World Cup history with 16. And also a USWNT vs Thailand one focused on Alex Morgan on the same style of my Brazil v Jamaica graphic is on the way.

• 4 weeks later...

Here it is:

yr9Opv4.png?1

Spoiler

Had this one ready as well:

atGpgvL.png?1

My Alex Morgan graphic from the first game got corrupted and I never got to finish it. Now that the US has won it all I'm probably going to make one piece with the whole campaign and include it.

Archived