Baseball Concepts (Hand Drawn)

drewbothwell

So with a knee surgery that takes a while to recover from, I have a lot of extra time on my hands. With that I decided to pick up my fictional baseball league, but this time hand drawing them. I used a template that I modified for consistent uniforms. The Nike uniforms will be kind of "out there" for some teams (i.e. Arizona Diamondbacks) while others will be more traditional (i.e. Detroit Tigers or New York Yankees). All the the teams will have 8 uniforms though, a home white, a road grey, 2 different colored jerseys to be worn at home and on the road, a pride uniform, a pro combat (meant to be very out there and modern), a throwback, and a bright colored batting practice uniform. With the explanation done, here is the first 4 uniforms for the first team, the Colorado 14ers. If anyone would like to see the branding sheet and/or the original jersey sketches just let me know! Feedback welcomed!

spacer.png

For Dallas I was had a tough time deciding what colors to do. Red and black, red and purple, red and blue, purple and green etc. I ended up with a purple, neon green and grey mix. I chose them for the Dallas skyline at night. I used another potential color scheme as a throwback. Using the mustangs as a mascot was pretty easy considering the history in Texas. Side Note: I use a lot of cursive on the uniforms just because I think it looks so nice, if you would like to  see another version just let me know! Here are the Dallas Mustangs! Feedback on any uniform welcome!

spacer.png

spacer.png

1 hour ago, drewbothwell said:

Yeah I could definitely see that. Any suggestions on how to fix that?

Color pencils is one thing you could use. Maybe keep the draw outlines on the template and don’t erase them, and color those as neatly as you can. 

I'll work on the execution a bit, but until then I have the next team. Here are the Key West Sea Devils. Kind of went out there with the name and I don't know how I feel about it. It a knock off of the Rays in a way. I do love the color choice though. Feedback welcomed!

spacer.png

spacer.png

The ideas are great, and the designs look good,  however the execution is really sloppy and looks rushed. Especially on all of the designs with pinstripes. Slow down and put a little more time into that part of the concept, and use a straightedge, like a ruler or something to draw straight lines and make everything look clean

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

Archived