Brackets for the Women's World Cup, Copa America, and the Gold Cup

schtee

I'm going to the Gold Cup Group D doubleheader at Allianz Field on Tuesday. USMNT's the headliner obviously, but the warm-up act between Panama and T & T is likely to be the more competitive fixture.

In light of the USWNT's 13-0 obliteration of Thailand in their WWC opener, I wonder how many goals the USMNT will need to beat Guyana by in order to hold off total panic mode (at least until the T & T rematch in Cleveland).

CCSLC signature.png

12 hours ago, Viper said:

I'm going to the Gold Cup Group D doubleheader at Allianz Field on Tuesday. USMNT's the headliner obviously, but the warm-up act between Panama and T & T is likely to be the more competitive fixture.

In light of the USWNT's 13-0 obliteration of Thailand in their WWC opener, I wonder how many goals the USMNT will need to beat Guyana by in order to hold off total panic mode (at least until the T & T rematch in Cleveland).

Probably 16.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

I am glad that you kept the proper proportions for the flags. Some graphics make all the flags the same size, usually with a hoist-to-fly ratio of 2:3. But that really distorts some flags, such as Canada (it makes the red bands too narrow), and the U.S (the stripes appear cut off). Also Qatar would look ridiculous at 2:3.

My only criticism is the white of flags on a white background. I would have used a faint outline, nothing more than 1 point at 50% gray. It practically disappears against colors, but it defines the edges of white.

CK3ZP8E.jpg

On 6/17/2019 at 2:57 PM, mjrbaseball said:

I am glad that you kept the proper proportions for the flags. Some graphics make all the flags the same size, usually with a hoist-to-fly ratio of 2:3. But that really distorts some flags, such as Canada (it makes the red bands too narrow), and the U.S (the stripes appear cut off). Also Qatar would look ridiculous at 2:3.

My only criticism is the white of flags on a white background. I would have used a faint outline, nothing more than 1 point at 50% gray. It practically disappears against colors, but it defines the edges of white.

You're right, I needed to do better with some contrast for the flags. Good tip. 

Archived