Jersey sponsor question

As many of you know and have debated the pros and cons of on this site, most European sports teams have a large sponsor logo on the front of the jersey. My question is: if that sponsor is an alcohol based company or brewery, what do they do for replica kid's jerseys? 1. Keep the aponsor logo, so little Johnny is running around wearing a large beer advertisement, 2) Have the kid's jerseys with a different sponsor, 3) no sponsor logo at all on the kid's jerseys or 4)something I haven't thought of yet, but maybe someone has an idea.

From what I've seen in England, the kids' replica shirts go sponsorless.  Newcastle United did this a couple years ago with a scummy payday lender logo: 

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2014/nov/14/wonga-agrees-drop-logo-newcastle-united-childrens-football-kits

Which is also what the team does when they play someplace that prohibits alcohol ads, like France.

Rules vary from country to country - here in England at least, alcohol and gambling firms are prohibited by law from having their logo on child-sized replica kits. What they do instead varies from club to club...

• Some simply sell blank children's shirts, no sponsor logo at all.
  • Some add the logo of a charity the club supports.
  • On some occasions, the sponsor will have an alternative product they'll promote on the shirt instead. Everton are an example - when they were sponsored by brewer Chang a few years back, the firm put the logo of their soft drink offering on the jersey instead.

The first two options are the most common, though. I was always jealous of Mrs Jaffa (who can fit into a 'large boy' size) being able to buy a sponsorless version of our club shirts when we had a betting company as sponsor a few years back.

Archived