This concept of mine has been in the works for a while. I keep on refining it and I think I'm in a good spot to share with the public for some ideas of what works an does not work. I'm not completely sure about the court design. I can't decide if it is too much for just right. Anyway here is the background on the logo. 

With the popularity of the Golden Knights there is much talk about Vegas getting an NBA team. Now when the NHL gave Vegas a team the league strictly said no gambling nicknames and I am sure the NBA would say the same. So I came up with the idea of Atoms because of the A-Bomb testing in Nevada during World War 2. In fact there were actually viewing sites in Las Vegas during this period in history. Plus the Atomic museum is in Vegas if you ever wanted to check it out on your next trip. 

The main logo is a mushroom cloud with a red basketball in the center. Below the ring is the State of Nevada with the nuclear symbol (also in the red basketball in the mushroom cloud) where Las Vegas is located. The variation logos are just different segments of the main logo.

The alt. logo is a basketball with atoms spinning around it but the circular atoms have been replaced by the famous Vegas stars that you see on the world famous Welcome To Las Vegas Sign.  

Colors of Red, dark red, silver and ash grey are colors that fit with the area already and similar to UNLV because they put Vegas on the map for basketball in the 90's. 

I think I'm in a good place but would love to see what others think. 

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Joe

Archived