Fictional Baseball League Concepts

sky1324

Hey everyone! I've been running a fictional baseball series over on the AHSports website, but I figured I could do with some comments from you guys as well. I have 10 teams currently with 2 on the way, so I'll just post them as I go. A couple of things to note: my template is my own, it doesn't have any pants yet, but I will fix that eventually (probably soon, given I'll have plenty of time off) and there won't be any story here. I also won't be linking to the story just because I'm not sure if that's against the rules and I don't want to run that risk. Also, the league starts in 2003 to give just a bit of context, era-wise. Alright, without further ado, enjoy!

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

the user formerly known as cdclt

This is great but one thing, I feel like Atlanta should have delta colors since it’s their airline.

spacer.pngspacer.png

Im an isles,rangers,devils,Sabres,Yankees,Mets,Braves,hawks,knicks,nets,bills,giants,falcons,and jets fan. So?

On 3/15/2020 at 12:44 PM, Blindsay said:

This is great but one thing, I feel like Atlanta should have delta colors since it’s their airline.

Thanks! Atlanta uses those colors since they're a holdover from older concepts where they use the Atlanta United color scheme, slightly modified. I didn't want the league to have a RWB team, and I really like how the Jets looks with these colors.

Two more teams:

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

These two joined as expansion siblings, so I purposefully went traditional for Cleveland and very modern for St. Louis.

17 hours ago, sleuthpanther said:

Some cool looks so far, cool opportunity to use a crescent moon as a “C” for Cleveland.

That's actually really clever! I'll probably give them one of those within a couple in-universe years.

15 hours ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

I like the Astronauts idea but I would like the Astronauts font to be the same font as Cleveland. And a half moon for a C logo is a great idea!

What's the story behind New York Busters?  That's a negative name in the hip hop community. 

I actually have a version where "Astronauts" is the same font as "Cleveland", but I didn't like how much empty space it left in the cream-colored part of the circle. I went purposefully traditional for the 'Nauts, so the script wordmark helps that.

The name "Busters" comes from Theodore Roosevelt, who was from New York and also called the "Trust-buster". Shorten that to "Busters" and you have a unique name taking inspiration from a prominent and loved historical figure.

Ok, I made some changes to the jerseys, but none were huge: I mostly adjusted the ratio of NOB to number. I did make three other edits: I flipped the sleeves logo on Chicago and Philly to actually be correct, and I changed the back numbers on Washington's second alt to be red with white stroke instead of black.

C&C Welcome!

Archived