MLB Map

luisart47

I did an MLB Map, I don't have logos on it, but colors in the cities. Let me know what you think. This is only to help the guy who came with the idea (NHL, NBA, NFL maps). There are only 28 cities as New York and Chicago are repeated. Oakland (green dot) is barely visible a bit east of SF (orange dot)

MLBCities.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

By the way, if I would be Bud Selig, instead of contraction I will try expansion, yes, I will add up 2 more teams, that way MLB would have 32 teams just like NFL, 8 divisions of 4 teams each, winner of each division advances to playoff, simple as that.

Alignment

AL EAST

Boston

Baltimore

NY Yankees

Toronto

AL NORTH

Chicago Sox

Minnesota

Detroit

Cleveland

AL SOUTH

Kansas City

Tampa Bay

Texas

Monterrey (Expansion team)

AL WEST

Anaheim

Oakland

Seattle

Portland / Vancouver (Expansion team)

NL EAST

NY Mets

Philadelphia

Montreal (or if it ends up in Virginia, or D.C.)

Pittsburgh

NL NORTH

Chicago Cubs

Cincinnati

Saint Louis

Milwaukee

NL SOUTH

Atlanta

Florida (or Miami when they change the name)

Houston

Colorado

NL WEST

Arizona

Los Angeles

San Diego

San Francisco

Any thoughts?

By the way, if I would be Bud Selig, instead of contraction I will try expansion, yes, I will add up 2 more teams, that way MLB would have 32 teams just like NFL, 8 divisions of 4 teams each, winner of each division advances to playoff, simple as that.

That is why your not Bud Selig why expand when you don't have enough owners already. Or is your thinking is the more teams that we have the bigger the fight will be for last place because nobody is going to pay 300 million to have their butt kicked by the YANKEES, BRAVES, SOX, ANGELS and other teams.

No wait your idea of good baseball is have 32- A-BALL players on MLB teams

My would anybody expand if your having trouble with what you got?

Well I dont think expansion is very smart, the league may have too many teams with 30, nor do I think having the same amount of playoff teams with no possibility of exciting rivalries( boston vs new york) meeting in the playoffs.

But interesting allignment

Proud owner of the Utah Pioneers of the Continnental Baseball League.

GBCanada.png

PACKER BACKER FOREVER!

Doing that creates a situation where you have to have an interleague series every week - which is what exactly what the Lords of Baseball don't want.

There is nothing wrong with the way baseball is currently set up - except for the ding-a-ling running the show.

Sodboy13 said:
As you watch more basketball, you will learn to appreciate the difference between "defense" and "couldn't find the rim with a pair of bloodhounds and a Garmin."

meet the new page, not the same as the old page.

If I had my way this is what baseball would look like:

-Same divisions and Wild Card (why change a good thing.)

Relocated or Renamed Teams

-Washington (Montreal)

-San Jose (Oakland) Oakland won't build a park

-Miami (Florida)

-Salary cap of $105,000,000

-Minimum salary $35,000,000

-No Expansion for a long while.

BTW: The MLB president was in town last week to review the Marlins stadium proposal and told the mayor of Miami that: Montreal and an unnamed second team are being considered for relocation. Empty threat? Truth? We shall see.

1997 | 2003

I did this a long time ago for the NBA but it featured all the NBA teams in history. I also put lines and arrows to where those teams moved or just disappeared all together. You can imagine how much room the Kings took.

utah_jazz_signature_s.jpgdenver_nuggets.gif

Utah Jazz Retired Number's

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

Archived