NHL ransom note designs. (Kraken added)

Scot

Had the idea a few weeks ago to spell city and team names using the players of their respective teams. I’m open to suggestions for new designs, so feel free to post team ideas and I’ll add them to my list. I'll be doing all of the 32 teams (and a few defuncts.)

Edmonton Oilers.

City Name:
spacer.png

Ottawa Senators.

City Name:
 spacer.png

Québec Nordiques.

Team Name: 
spacer.png

Toronto Maples Leafs.

Team Name: 
spacer.png

The idea is pretty straightforward, and I'd say that you've done the idea justice... (though I admit I'm not familiar enough with the NHL to recognize any of the players)

If I had to come up with any suggestions, maybe I'd suggest rotating the scraps around a bit and/or using the font that's the most different (e.g. the styling of Tampa Bay's "B", the font of Edmonton's "T") for the first letter... Or maybe that's unnecessary.

I'd be curious how you'd attempt to do Vancouver; that'd be a challenge, I think!

On 2021-07-16 at 3:19 PM, vtgco said:

The idea is pretty straightforward, and I'd say that you've done the idea justice... (though I admit I'm not familiar enough with the NHL to recognize any of the players)

If I had to come up with any suggestions, maybe I'd suggest rotating the scraps around a bit and/or using the font that's the most different (e.g. the styling of Tampa Bay's "B", the font of Edmonton's "T") for the first letter... Or maybe that's unnecessary.

I'd be curious how you'd attempt to do Vancouver; that'd be a challenge, I think!

Thanks for the suggestion. It works well with Tampa, because their jersey fonts have been so stylized over the years. Especially in the 90’s (B.) Otherwise, with teams like Montréal, Edmonton and Chicago, fonts are fairly similar across all the jerseys (home/away, etc.)

Vancouver has a good range of colour schemes. I’ll add it to the list.

• Scot changed the title to NHL ransom note designs. (Kraken added)

Archived