What is with the Seahawks craze?

phillyfan36

New Orleans, Seattle, Minny, hell........pretty much anybody but AZ and SF has a shot.

I'd say anyone but CHI and SF have a chance.

The bears went 7-9 last year with KORDELL STEWART at QB, an offensive coordinator who wouldn't throw more than 10 yards and a defense that didn't think a sack was important (They actually said this!). They have 2 starting RBs, only lost cancers and a guy who dropped way too many balls, added the leader in sacks from the AFC last year, a coaching staff that values sacks for the love of god, and a defense that will finally allow their superstar to shine instead of hoping fat guys get in the way of the O-linemen. Young promising recievers and a decent draft, but they'll go 0-16 this year I'm sure...

I'm not predicting a Super Bowl...but come on, they are better than the bottom 2 teams in the league. 7-9 last year and they didn't lose anyone.

New Orleans, Seattle, Minny, hell........pretty much anybody but AZ and SF has a shot.

I'd say anyone but CHI and SF have a chance.

The bears went 7-9 last year with KORDELL STEWART at QB, an offensive coordinator who wouldn't throw more than 10 yards and a defense that didn't think a sack was important (They actually said this!). They have 2 starting RBs, only lost cancers and a guy who dropped way too many balls, added the leader in sacks from the AFC last year, a coaching staff that values sacks for the love of god, and a defense that will finally allow their superstar to shine instead of hoping fat guys get in the way of the O-linemen. Young promising recievers and a decent draft, but they'll go 0-16 this year I'm sure...

I'm not predicting a Super Bowl...but come on, they are better than the bottom 2 teams in the league. 7-9 last year and they didn't lose anyone.

Actually you make a good point. But I don't see them going 0-16. I dont even think they'll be lower than 6-10 at worst. I forgot about most of that. I was just thinking about Grossman, who isn't good enough yet to lead the to a Super Bowl, but then again I could be wrong, we'll see.

You forced me:

Top 10 Reasons Why The Eagles Will Win and The Seahawks Won't

10) Andy Reid can handle T.O.

9) The Best Safety Tandem in the game: Dawkins and Lewis

8) Solid Offensive Line of Thomas, Mayberry, Fraley, Andrews, and Runyan

7) A Boosted Pass Rush from Jevon Kearse which will take pressure off Sheppard and Brown

6) A Great No. 3 Slot Reciever in "FredEx" Freddie Mitchell

5) The Special Teams: K David Akers, KR JR Reed, PR Brian Westbrook, and Wedge Buster Ike Reese

4) Plenty of Cap Room if somebody goes down

3) Donovan's Legs

2) Brian Westbrook

1) Having a No. 1 Reciever that is a No. 1 Reciever

Anyone Argue With Any Of Those Points???

i dont think words "great" and "Freddie Mitchell" should ever be used in the same sentence.

Biggest.

Homer.

Ever.

As for the 49ers...eh! As much as ICS will kill me for being down on my team, you got to face the truth.

Inexperienced QB in Tim Rattay who is not 100% from his groin injury at mini camp and wrist problem in preseason.

When you let go of two Pro Bowlers without even trying to get something DECENT in return, that says a lot about the front office.

Speaking of front office, the owner has no clue if Right Guard is in reference to his O-line or the deodorant.

The O-line did not play together except for the first few plays on Opening Day last year, including Kwame Harris, who was booed for holding on one drive vs. San Diego three time, in which all three times caused touchdowns to be called back.

Brandon Lloyd is a sleeper for you fantasy folks. That catch is considered one of the best in 49ers REGULAR season history.

The team is also $29 million in dead cap money (players being paid who are no longer with the team), which was originally said by the team that they were out of back in 2001, but now says they NEVER got out of.

Plus while I like Candlestick, it is an insult that a team with the success of the 49ers play in a dump.

Owens was a plague to that team, and Jeff Garcia is horribly overrated, as shown by being outplayed by Tim Rattay.

And whether he's 100% or not, Tim Rattay still went 9 for 10 for 100+ yards in his first preseason game, or something along those lines.

Terrell Owens played well below his level most of the season. Week 2 against St. Louis -- granted, he had 5 receptions but he also dropped a 3rd down pass that would've given the 49ers a first down in scoring position, and he might've been able to get a TD off of it -- and aside from the last catch on 4th down to tie it -- let's not forget, he was being defended by Archuletta all game. Owens should have had 10+ catches.

One of the best LB's and defense players in general in the NFC, and possibly the league. Has incredible range, in terms of what position he can play. When they absolutely needed him a few years back due to injuries, he played LB, Safety, DE, AND Nickel back.

The team was horrible underachievers last season, and they may not be as good as they are -- but I can't see them finishing below the Cardinals, who's starting RB is penciled in as Emmitt Smith, at this point.

IUe6Hvh.png

At the time I wrote that Freddie Mitchell is great I kind of had a homer moment - I admit it. But he is better than Pinkston. Reid has this thing where he feels that your slot reciever has to be your #3. But ask any person who watches the Eagles regularly, and they can tell you Mitchell is better. He is very good at going up to catch a ball in traffic, which is what you want out of a slot guy.

So, yes, he's not great, but he is good.

Archived