Branding 180s that have actually worked

On 7/18/2022 at 3:27 PM, throwuascenario said:

Am I the only one that missed the Jazz' 360? I must have missed something and can't find anything about them reverting to their old jerseys.

They announced a rebrand to black, white, and yellow using the hashtag "Purpleisback", scrambled to include the throwback jerseys in the rotation this coming season, and already showed purple jerseys that will be worn in 23-24. They might not be the primaries right away, but I'm sure it's just a matter of time.

spacer.png

On 7/18/2022 at 4:48 PM, LA Fakers+ LA Snippers said:

Upon the move to Brooklyn, the Nets went from different shades of RWB to B/W.

For this thread I wasn't really considering teams that rebranded due to a relocation.

2 hours ago, spartacat_12 said:

For this thread I wasn't really considering teams that rebranded due to a relocation.

Got it.

How about the Rockets? After the 90's pajama fiasco, they went back to red, but with silver (and eventually black) being the secondary color.

94b908ba0feaf3284af8d3fe22d56fee.jpg

rawImage.jpg

usa_today_17846657.0.jpg

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

The Denver Nuggets 2018 rebrand worked. 

I'm from Colorado, and I was always just fine with the colors they rocked during the Melo era of the 2000's and mid 2010s. I always thought they looked to similar to the Grizzlies and it always felt slightly un-inspired to me. But when they introduced their new look and colors in 2018, I felt a new connection with the franchise I hadn't felt before and they finally felt like Colorado's team.

Why? Because the colors accent the Denver/Colorado flag. Its always an interesting topic to me because people that aren't nuggets fans or others that do nuggets jersey remix's always revert to the baby blue and yellow jersey scheme of the 2000's, but in my opinion the nuggets belong in Blue, red and yellow. Their statement jersey is incredible and the perfect uniform for Denver Basketball, and so was their 2021 "earned uniform". If you wanna know why just look up the Denver flag and then look at that full uniform.

I know the nuggets had used red in their uniforms before, but honestly the franchise has changed their colors so many time, I count this latest iteration as a fully new rebrand. The 90's jerseys used red, but it was more maroon than the red they wear now, and they didn't use yellow but gold. Like I said, I know many people still hold firm that the Melo era colors are best for the nuggets, but for me the colors introduced in 2018 is the best look the nuggets have ever had. They've also had their best years in those uniforms as well, with the 2020 run in the playoffs and Jokic's back-to-back MVP seasons.

spacer.png

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

Edited by KG_grfx

I wasn't a huge fan of the Melo look, and I could take or leave the current set. I have a soft spot for the Navy/Maroon/Gold of the 90s, but the Nuggets should be rainbow or bust. Use the last round of Nike alts as the basis but switch Black to Navy, and you're good to go.

Also, as a Denver native, I would love it if I never had to see the Colorado flag on a piece of clothing again.

• Like 5

jNTsTyQ.png

8 minutes ago, KG_grfx said:

The Denver Nuggets 2018 rebrand worked. 

I'm from Colorado, and I was always just fine with the colors they rocked during the Melo era of the 2000's and mid 2010s. I always thought they looked to similar to the Grizzlies and it always felt slightly un-inspired to me. But when they introduced their new look and colors in 2018, I felt a new connection with the franchise I hadn't felt before and they finally felt like Colorado's team.

Why? Because the colors accent the Denver/Colorado flag. Its always an interesting topic to me because people that aren't nuggets fans or others that do nuggets jersey remix's always revert to the baby blue and yellow jersey scheme of the 2000's, but in my opinion the nuggets belong in Blue, red and yellow. Their statement jersey is incredible and the perfect uniform for Denver Basketball.

I know the nuggets had used red in their uniforms before, but honestly the franchise has changed their colors so many time, I count this latest iteration as a fully new rebrand. The 90's jerseys used red, but it was more maroon than the red they wear now, and they didn't use yellow but gold. Like I said, I know many people still hold firm that the Melo era colors are best for the nuggets, but for me the colors introduced in 2018 is the best look the nuggets have ever had. They've also had their best years in those uniforms as well, with the 2020 run in the playoffs and Jokic's back-to-back MVP seasons.

spacer.png spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

My only issue with this set is the color balance. Not enough of the yellow and red are distributed on the home and road, and none of the royal blue, yet there is an entire royal jersey which has one element in red and one in yellow. The Earned jersey did better with the color balance, but we saw that one for 20 games and that was it.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/9/2022 at 9:02 AM, LA Fakers+ LA Snippers said:

My only issue with this set is the color balance. Not enough of the yellow and red are distributed on the home and road, and none of the royal blue, yet there is an entire royal jersey which has one element in red and one in yellow. The Earned jersey did better with the color balance, but we saw that one for 20 games and that was it.

I agree with you on that, I've also thought they did't use the yellow and red correctly between the home and away jerseys but yeah the earned uniform was perfect. Not too much blue or red and the right amount of yellow on the number. 

• Like 1