What if English Rugby Union/League teams had NFL uniforms? ((DEAD THREAD))

heavybass

I think you'd still need to add something to the front, either a big uniform sponsor or a couple smaller ones on the yoke and a number on the front like the CFL.  For Bath I'd just use the shield instead of including the roundel. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

I think my concern is that you've essentially made very nice rugby kit concepts on the "wrong" template. Football jerseys tend to conform to certain rules of design, and I should think part of the point of a mash-up is to make the design history of one match the conventions of the other.

The thing that most glaringly jumped out to me, for instance-- where are the front numbers?

34 minutes ago, heavybass said:

Oh that one's easy. There are no front numbers.

Right, but that's my point. Rugby doesn't wear front numbers, but American football requires them. In fact, your title says NFL uniforms specifically, so I took a minute to find this:

Item 3. Numerals. Numerals on the back and front of jerseys as specified under NFL rules for the player’s specific position. Such numerals must be a minimum of 8 inches high and 4 inches wide, and their color must be in sharp contrast with the color of the jersey.

So without front numbers, without conforming to the design restrictions of football, you aren't really making football uniforms, but rather rugby uniforms on a different template.

• Like 2

• heavybass changed the title to What if English Rugby Union/League teams had NFL uniforms? ((DEAD THREAD))