Kansas City Cowboys (Hypothetical 2nd Kansas City MLB team) - Unused logos added

maxwasson

So last night, @teeray01did some uniform sketches with the same template that is used for the MLB: Defunct Saga and I've compiled them here.

HOME/ROAD UNIFORMS

spacer.png

HOME/ROAD/HERITAGE ALTERNATES

spacer.png

If anyone is curious on what the heritage alternate uniforms are based on, they're based on this photo of Billy Hamilton (19th century) as a member of the Kansas City Cowboys 

spacer.png

• Like 1

QNXVyki.png

On 9/27/2022 at 9:23 AM, maxwasson said:

So last night, @teeray01did some uniform sketches with the same template that is used for the MLB: Defunct Saga and I've compiled them here.

HOME/ROAD UNIFORMS

spacer.png

HOME/ROAD/HERITAGE ALTERNATES

spacer.png

If anyone is curious on what the heritage alternate uniforms are based on, they're based on this photo of Billy Hamilton (19th century) as a member of the Kansas City Cowboys 

spacer.png

I like the pale shade of yellow. It feels very appropriate for a team with an old-timey Western theme. 

That said, the “modern-day” versions of the set are too heavy on the black, and end up looking too much like the Pirates. 

Well, I guess while I'm still here, I could brainstorm some ideas for future concepts some of them may not be baseball related

BASEBALL

• Kansas City Packers
  • Kansas City Blues (De-Royalified/De-Athleticized)
  • Kansas City Braves (Alternate relocation, if the A's moved to Milwaukee instead of KC)
  • Kansas City Mules (One of the rejected names in KC's 1969 name-the-team contest)

FOOTBALL

• Kansas City Mules
  • Kansas City Royals (Would've predated the Kauffman-owned baseball franchise established in 1969)
  • Kansas City Stars
  • Kansas City Wolves (Chiefs rebrand)
  • Kansas City Cowboys (Revival of 1920's NFL Blues/Cowboys)

BASKETBALL

• Kansas City Hornets
  • Kansas City Knights (ex-Sonics)
  • Kansas City Lakers
  • Kansas City Raptors
  • Kansas City Knights (possible expansion/future Pelicans relocation)
  • Kansas City Thunder

HOCKEY

• Kansas City Penguins
  • Kansas City Scouts (possible expansion/future Coyotes relocation)
  • Kansas City Coyotes
  • Kansas City Islanders
  • Like 1

QNXVyki.png

• maxwasson changed the title to Kansas City Cowboys (Hypothetical 2nd Kansas City MLB team) - New sets coming soon

2/3 of the new sets are ready, let's get started with an update to the modern set! 

KANSAS CITY COWBOYS PT. I - MODERN SET (UPDATE)

spacer.png

Now of course this set of logos isn't that much different from what I posted earlier in this thread, with the only major difference being that the road logo now has the same font as the main script logos and overall fits with the design language for this set.

QNXVyki.png

And now we get to my favorite set, with the assistance to @teeray01 we were able to piece together a logo set that imitates the style of SFGiants58's spectacular MLB: Project 32 and MLB: The Defunct Saga threads

KANSAS CITY COWBOYS PT. II - A TRUE HOMAGE

spacer.png

The main baseball mascot now has his bandana removed and is now smirking, which I wanted to resemble the smiling Orioles logo or smiling King Louie from SFGiants58's St. Louis Browns concept, the wordmarks and script logos have the same font as the modern set but are much more simplified and contemporary. I didn't really need to change the insignia from the modern set, because those already look like they'd fit in pretty good. 

I'm curious to see how you think we did on this logo set, and I think Teeray01 might be working on uniforms for this as well.

QNXVyki.png

• maxwasson changed the title to Kansas City Cowboys (Hypothetical 2nd Kansas City MLB team) - Updated Modern set and SFGiants58 style added

And now for the Kauffman set!

KANSAS CITY COWBOYS PT. III - A ROYAL MAKEOVER

spacer.png

This logo set imagines a world where baseball owner Ewing Kauffman either purchases the Kansas City Athletics from Charlie O'Finley back in the late 1960s or if in 1968, Kansas City's "name-the-team" contest for the expansion franchise gifted by Major League Baseball after A's departed for Oakland had the name "Cowboys" win the contest instead of 
"Royals". There were reportedly 17,000 entries registered in Kansas City's naming contest; the nickname "Royals" won as they were named after the American Royal horseracing company, The only other name to have reportedly been considered in that naming contest was "Mules". The wordmarks were provided by @teeray01 once again, and I will begin compiling a slide full of unused logos in this thread.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that I reused the color scheme from SFGiants58's Kansas City Blues set

QNXVyki.png

• maxwasson changed the title to Kansas City Cowboys (Hypothetical 2nd Kansas City MLB team) - New logo sets added
  • 1 month later...
  • maxwasson changed the title to Kansas City Cowboys (Hypothetical 2nd Kansas City MLB team) - Unused logos added