Since this thread covers failed expansion will you cover any cities not mentioned previously that you haven't done concepts for?
- In the early 1960's, The Continental League, a rival league to the AL and NL was created and teams placed in New York, Toronto,
Buffalo, Atlanta, Dallas, Houston, Minneapolis and Denver. 7 of these cities have gained teams in the MLB. Only Buffalo has not.
Indianapolis, Los Angeles, Louisville, Miami, Montreal, New Orleans, Portland, San Diego and Seattle were also considered for the CL.
- The Kansas City Royals, Montreal Expos, Seattle Pilots and San Diego Padres were granted expansion teams in 1969.
Buffalo, Dallas, Milwaukee, New Orleans, Oakland and Toronto were considered.
- The Seattle Mariners and Toronto Blue Jays were given expansion teams in 1977.
Atlanta, Buffalo, Dallas, Denver, Oakland and San Diego were considered.
- In 1993, the Colorado Rockies and Florida Marlins were given expansion teams.
Buffalo, Charlotte, Nashville, Orlando, Phoenix, Sacramento, Tampa, FL and Washington, DC were considered.
- In 1998, the Arizona Diamondbacks and Tampa Bay Devil Rays were given expansion teams.
Buffalo, Nashville, Northern Virginia, Orlando and Vancouver were considered.
Charlotte and Washington, DC were mentioned but neither city officially applied for expansion.
- Currently, Portland, Charlotte, Las Vegas, Nashville. Montreal and Vancouver are being considered for future expansion.
Would love to see concepts for Louisville, New Orleans, Buffalo, Nashville, Orlando, Sacramento, Vancouver. I believe all other
locations have been covered. Portland is awesome! Sacramento was covered by the Giants but would love to see a fresh concept.
Same with New Orleans. They were covered by the Pirates. I know one of the Orlando groups was the Orlando Sun Rays.
Anyway, I hope you will give this some consideration. If not this time, maybe later.
Orlando Sun Rays?