the_grateful_ted's "Best Of" College Football: Week 4 (points docked for tardiness)

We'll see how this goes! Sticking with a Top 3, honorable mention, and "dishonorable mention".

#1: Tennessee vs Florida

eduG3EW.jpg

Every game should look this good. Lots of color, contrasting helmets and pants, different shades of the same color, spectacular. 

#2: Oklahoma vs Kansas State

Ubl1deB.jpg

No dumb woodgrain alternates for OU, no white helmets for K-State. Just good clean fun.

#3: Oregon State vs USC

Y3EPUMm.jpg

This is the unpopular take- I like OSU's set, especially when there's generous amounts of orange used. USC is classic, and the clash of classic and modern is nice. 

Honorable Mention: Washington vs Stanford

4RhhT2k.jpg

Red stanford pants would be the cherry on top, but this is nice enough looking on its own. U-Dub really improved on their look in recent years, good stuff!

Dishonorable Mention: Washington State vs Oregon

mM8cWUV.jpg

You put WSU in crimson and gray, Oregon in apple and yellow, and this is on the "best of" list. Way to ruin a good thing :/ 

Dishonorable Mention #2: Florida State vs Boston College 

wD3KWCX.jpg

If its deserving, I'll add a second dishonorable mention.  If you intentionally go out of your way to make the game look like a scrimmage, you're on the list. Boo. 

• Like 6

8 hours ago, the_grateful_ted said:

Dishonorable Mention #2: Florida State vs Boston College 

wD3KWCX.jpg

If its deserving, I'll add a second dishonorable mention.  If you intentionally go out of your way to make the game look like a scrimmage, you're on the list. Boo. 

I had to do a double take because I legitimately thought BC was red and FSU was white.

Good solid list.

• Like 1

Ooh thank you for starting this! 

I thought Ohio State going blackout was the right choice for the Wisconsin game. Not the same level as Nebraska but still,  a lot of red if they went with the primaries. All white v all black doesn't make for the most interesting looking game, but at least there's contrast.

As a big fan of K-State's look, I'd have given their upset the #1 spot, but can't fault the ranking here.

• Like 1

On 9/26/2022 at 7:53 PM, the_grateful_ted said:

mM8cWUV.jpg

Didn't get to watch this game on Saturday, when I first saw this pic right now I actually thought it was North Texas vs Eastern Michigan or something. Oregon really needs to add yellow to those uniforms, they look like a copy cat team trying to look like Oregon. WSU... just wear red cmon. 

• Like 2