Reverse Retro: NBA Style!

mattr1198

Here is a series that I've been wanting to do for a while, and given the concept of Reverse Retros is back in the public eye, I decided to give the NBA a RR makeover, going alphabetical order by Conference. Without further ado, here are the first 5 teams of the East:

Atlanta Hawks: The inspiration is their iconic 1982-92 design, given a remix with the team's current red, black, and yellow color scheme.

pvXCkgT.png

Boston Celtics: The Celtics, given their designs are pretty same-y over the course of their history, I went with a color reverse of their 2005-17 alternate, which isn't all too different from their current statement jersey but does give that uniform a bit more style with the pant and Boston wordmark.

c6d1Jln.png

Brooklyn Nets: For the Nets, I took their white home uniform they wore from 1997 til their Brooklyn move, but flipped it to navy with red striping.

Gvna9U9.png

Charlotte Hornets: For Charlotte, I took their current white uniform and gave it a total color remix to those of the Charlotte Bobcats' in their first season. I also altered the logos on the pants to the Bobcats' alternate logo as well.

mnHOpgM.png

Chicago Bulls: For the Bulls, I took their peak Jordan-era pinstripe uniform and gave it a color swap makeover to red as the primary.

U9qhBpE.png

Up Next: Cavs, Pistons, Pacers, Heat, and Bucks!

• Like 9
  • Love 2
  • Applause 1

59d079d580ab2_SL.netbannercopy.gif.b34a0491e0c5e4344fa6fc764ec2043e.gif

NYC x STL

Part II of Eastern Conference Teams:

Cleveland Cavaliers:  The Cavs uniform throws it back to the 1980s with a wine and gold rendition of that classic jersey from the Cavs' first "good" days

jtRGgDk.png

Detroit Pistons: The Pistons give their polarizing 1990s teal design the 2000s color treatment, with red serving as the primary and some minor alterations to the pant.

TvvBWKm.png

Indiana Pacers: The Pacers look to their mid-80s jersey for inspiration, reversing the colors from a blue base to a yellow base.

MJaBXjt.png

Miami Heat: The Heat get their Miami Floridians throwback uniform mixed with their current color scheme, some minor sleeve treatment, and a basic red and black Heat logo on the pant.

2Ma3IpF.png

Milwaukee Bucks: The beloved/maligned deer head alternate rears its head once again, this time with a purple base!

fedxrAO.png

Closing out the Eastern Conference with the Knicks, Magic, 76ers, Raptors, and Wizards next

• Like 10
  • Love 1

NYC x STL

The final Eastern Conference teams!

New York Knicks: I took the Knicks' much beloved mid-1990s uniform they made their improbable NBA Finals run in and gave it a black base.

mmYjvPp.png

Orlando Magic: Took the shooting stars uniform used by the Magic in the late 90s-early 00s and swapped black and blue. Not much else to work with re: Orlando.

0wgmm5W.png

Philadelphia 76ers: The AI-Era jerseys get a modern color remix, with a white base plus red and blue replacing black and gold.

VHHHBj8.png

Toronto Raptors: Decided to get a little extra creative with he Raps, throwing them back to the 1940s with the BAA's Toronto Huskies uniform as the base with the Raptors' classic purple and red serving as the color wave.

grv6IB0.png

Washington Wizards: For the Wizards, I kept it simple, taking their current design and giving it the older colors.

TfuCyAC.png

Western Conference up next!

• Like 6
  • Love 1

NYC x STL

Kicking off the West are the first 5 teams:

Dallas Mavericks: I took the Mavericks mid-2000s alternate green jersey and gave it a color treatment, as well as switching out the logos, wordmark, and number fonts.

1NbC2gQ.png

Denver Nuggets: I took the Nuggets' Mutombo-era jersey and swapped the base to navy and changing the red and yellow to the team's current colors while adding a logo to the short instead of the pant for cleanliness.

r7RcP5p.png

Golden State Warriors: The much beloved "We Believe" jersey make a comeback with modern colors, an altered collar, and a white base.

0myw2tJ.png

Houston Rockets: The Rockets throw it back to their championship-era design, remixed with a yellow base and all white removed.

lOAiOqd.png

Los Angeles Clippers: The Clips embrace their nautical uniforms of their San Diego days, given their current color treatment sans black and a slightly updated waist to match the sleeves.

gjgI12f.png

Up Next: Lakers, Grizzlies, T-Wolves, Pelicans, and Thunder!

• Like 6
  • Love 1

NYC x STL

As promised, the second group of teams:

Los Angeles Lakers: A purple and gold version of their Minneapolis Lakers white jersey from the 40s. Did not want to retread on existing ground all too much.

vDDTFtt.png

Memphis Grizzlies: I took the Grizzlies' inaugural jersey worn in Memphis and gave it a color swap with the teal and black to make teal the main, with minor recoloring to the pant logo.

xyBuMXz.png

Minnesota Timberwolves: The T-Wolves' first jersey, given a green alternate style and flipping the sleeves as well.

UHCYNs7.png

New Orleans Pelicans: Without much history allocated to the Pels, I took their current design language and gave it the Hornets color makeover.

72r0fyd.png

Oklahoma City Thunder: As to not take anything from the potentially returning Sonics franchise, I gave the Thunder the newest base for a RR: their mid-2010s alternate, given a white base and their primary colors to fill in the rest.

6QJohHX.png

Closing out this series with the last 5 teams next!

• Like 7
  • Love 1
  • Applause 1

NYC x STL

Finally, to close out this series are the last 5 teams:

Phoenix Suns: This uniform takes the original Suns design from the late 60s and gives it an orange-base, compared to purple.

2daE9w6.png

Portland Trail Blazers: Without much to choose from in the Blazers' relatively stagnant design scheme, I went way back to the 70s, taking their red jersey and giving it a remix to black.

vzeadmE.png

Sacramento Kings: As to not force myself to the 90s design the Kings used for so long, I did a recoloring of their navy blue days with modern colors, plus a minor upgrade to the pant logo.

x7BtDSj.png

San Antonio Spurs: Another team with very little change in their history was San Antonio, who I gave the design of the ABA's Dallas Chaplains and colors of the Spurs.

l1xvvdb.png

Utah Jazz: Given the popularity of their 1990s look, but the overuse of their current throwback, I took the design of their black alternate and gave it a purple makeover with refreshed pant logos.

6A0nCYu.png

Anyway, that's all! Hope you enjoyed!

• Like 5
  • Love 1

NYC x STL