Bootleg Design by mcrosby

mcrosby

Hey all, 

I've tried more times than I can count to come up with a name to design under and never been quite happy. I could just use my name but I've never really felt inspired by it. Here's a rough draft of a brand guideline for what I did come up with. I'd love to hear what you all think. Major shoutout to @BrandMooreArt who has a beautiful graphics standards manual that I used as inspiration. I'll be updating and changing it quite a bit. This is the first of this sort of thing I've put together, so it's a jumping off point (you'll see I've got a few placeholders here and there). 

Click to zoom in. 

nvAD6He.jpg

• Like 6

Couple of things:

• I like the brand guidelines presentation you put together. Very well thought-out. My one issue is the name itself. If I were to say my logo was designed by Bootleg Design, it would come off, at least to me, like a stolen design or something. Given how rampant that seems to be in this world, leaning into it might work against you. But I'm just an idiot with an accounting degree, so take that with a grain of salt.
  • The L-boot logo does look like a soccer cleat/sock pairing. I get that you were trying to be ambiguous, but it doesn't feel that way to me. Again, grain of salt.
  • Little nitpicks:
    • On slide 3, it's heroes' journey. You have a misplaced apostrophe.
    • On the very last slide, the L-boot is a different shade of gray/black than the rest of the wordmark.
  • Like 3

GoldenPanthers.png
RiverHawks.png