Winnipeg Jets concepts (final answer? 8/22)

B-mer

The Jets current unis have run their course i feel, and along with the roster the uniform is in need of a changeup. Aviator blue is promoted to the primary color and the uniforms are an update of the original (NHL) Jets, which proved popular with the reverse retros this past year (duh). I struggled with the promotion of aviator blue since my ideal alternate is also aviator, so to keep a navy uniform i gave the jets a "stealth" uniform, since you know, stealth jets make more sense than stealth sharks.  Bonus jersey is a navy version of the home for consideration.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

BONUS

spacer.png

• Like 5
  • Applause 1

• 2 weeks later...

Something just didn’t give me that “this is it” feeling, particularly on the road jersey, so I started again. I’m torn with promoting the Aviator Blue and keeping the navy as aviator on navy pops more to me. I went back to a previous concept based on the work by Steven Grant and made a couple changes. The aviator is still emphasized and balanced I think. Tried the little-used treatment on the logo with the strokes as opposed to the single color as in previous one in this thread and the other. Which logo option is better?

spacer.png

• Like 3

• B-mer changed the title to Winnipeg Jets concepts (new update 5/16)

Just stringing out some options. I made an RCAF style fauxback with this  (different logos and font) but got to wondering if it could work as a home/road set. Thoughts?  Aviator promoted, contrasting nameplate to take the place of the upper torso stripe on the back, modern logos and font, striping is sort of blended modern/throwback style.

spacer.png

• Like 4
  • Love 2

• B-mer changed the title to Winnipeg Jets concepts (new update 5/23)
  • 2 months later...

Here's a new update. I know I said Aviator should be the primary, but I just found myself gravitating to this as a set.  Much cleaner without the silver. Home and Road call back to Jets 1.0, with new branding. Alt is an RCAF theme.

spacer.png

• B-mer changed the title to Winnipeg Jets concepts (final answer? 8/22)
3 minutes ago, CRDesigns said:

I never realized how gorgeous the Jets wordmark is when it's coloured in navy. Not sure if I would love this as a full set, but individually these are gorgeous. Would love to see them do a RCAF alt in the style you did here. :D

I can understand that. I love the script logo, maybe it could be gussied up a little but i think it's great. To give a sense of how it might work I have it in my NHL04 game, which i ran through pretty much all of the versions in this thread and what helped me get to these.

spacer.png

spacer.png

• 4 months later...

just playing around with the Jets some more. I started down this road because i really like the AHL Springfield Thunderbirds alternate, and in playing with that design i figured it suits the Jets as a tweaking of their current set. Anyways, i struggled with the white having the same striping arrangement, so instead tried this where it's a direct connection with the home version. Honestly i like the Navy and Aviator versions the most, so deciding which would be the best Home jersey and then trying to match a white one is where i'm struggling. Thoughts?

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 1

OK, i think i settled on the road jersey, now i'm trying to figure out the logos. Do i want to stick with script or keep the roundel? And at that which versions? Single color script vs. multi, aviator roundel vs. navy?

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 2