Houston Texans concept - based on the rumored return of columbia blue

oldschoolvikings

It's a tricky one.  If they do it (like the rumors are saying) they have to find a way to not look like they're too close to the Titans, who will have a very similar color scheme.  They also can't just straight up ape any of the old Oiler looks since those still belong to Tennessee. 

My solution is to play up the red as the primary color and reduce the navy blue to logos and wordmarks only (similar to what Jacksonville has done with the gold).  IMO you have to keep navy as part of the logo because the helmet logo, based on the Texas flag, doesn't work without the navy.

I realize the alternate uniform looks a lot like an old Oiler uniform from the early 70's, but that's far enough in the past that I'm not sure it would be too big of an issue.  It's not an especially well remembered time for the Oilers.

spacer.png

• Like 5
  • Meh 1

I like what you've done here.  Clean, crisp, no sleeve striping (a big plus in my book)  but I do NOT like the two tones of blue on the same uniform....and it's worse with when it's such high contrast with that red.  Unless the Texans just become the Oilers again (which would be cool) then I don't know if Columbia Blue coming back is a good idea or not.  Just my opinion though.

On 5/29/2023 at 3:00 PM, Karnage84 said:

Now that the Titans have moved away from it, I wonder what a white helmet would do for this set. 

I just find that the red and the Columbia Blue don't mix well and need something to offset it. 

put silver to offset it

spacer.png