Las Vegas Athletics

thespungo

Not a big fan of the L... I feel like I'm watching Laverne & Shirley lol.

Otherwise you've stayed pretty true to the A's traditional identity. I almost wonder if there isn't room for a "night" black jersey with neon green and yellow.

• Like 3

spacer.png

Great job! I especially like the all gold road uniform, it's got that Charlie O flair that's been missing the past 40+ years. Just one suggestion, the road uni might look better with just Vegas instead of Las Vegas. I use the Philadelphia A's in MLB The Show and use a script PHILA on my uniforms rather than try to spell out Philadelphia, which looks awkward. 

1 hour ago, coco1997 said:

Great work! I agree with @NicDB that the script "L" doesn't really fit the style of the "V" or cap "A." A blackletter "L" would be more appropriate:

330px-L_Old_London.svg.png

Wouldn't have to be this exact one, but something resembling it.

Oh yeah, I did a ton of versions that had more blackletter style infusion. But looking at the O in their Oakland script, that didn't have much blackletter influence. It's also tough because the capital A, while technically blackletter, doesn't look nearly as blackletter as something like a capital L. If you go full blackletter on that L, you run the risk of the A's starting to look more like the White Sox. So, in the end I kept it more in line with what they were doing on the Oakland script and simplified it.

Definitely something tough for the team at Nike to solve if they give them a road jersey script!

• 1 month later...
On 5/27/2023 at 10:11 AM, thespungo said:

Hey! Been a while. The A's supposedly moving to Las Vegas got me thinking, then that got me tinkering, and then that blew up into a whole big thing like I'm prone to do. Enjoy!

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Kinda crazy seeing Royals players used to promote this 

• LOL 1