What If? NHL Relocation Series (New York Islanders/Kansas City Mavericks)

johne9109

3 hours ago, johne9109 said:

What if the Pittsburgh Penguins relocated to Kansas CIty?

In 2006 the Penguins were dangerously close to being relocated. One of those placed was Kansas City. With the move comes a slight rebrand; they switch their name from Penguins to Emperors. This allows them to keep the Penguin branding, but has them tie into the Chiefs and Royals branding of their new sister teams

KCEF

That's just like what the actual Pens wore before their 2016 jersey redesign. You need to find a way to tie into the identities of KC's other teams, because it's virtually the same thing. Though it's understandable that this whole thread is just a "what-if" situation where the relocated team's identity only change where they're needed.

14 hours ago, Friedrich Stuart Macbeth said:

That's just like what the actual Pens wore before their 2016 jersey redesign. You need to find a way to tie into the identities of KC's other teams, because it's virtually the same thing. Though it's understandable that this whole thread is just a "what-if" situation where the relocated team's identity only change where they're needed.

13 hours ago, Bomba Tomba said:

What if they used purple?  Color of leaders, combination of Chiefs red and Royals blue, and no one is using it in the league nowadays

I was going for that they would just change the team name as the rest of the branding would still work and not really need to be changed. With that being said Purple's not a bad idea and here's what it would look like

KCE

• Like 4

ZUH86xc.png

• johne9109 changed the title to What If? NHL Relocation Series (Pittsburgh Penguins/Hamilton Tigers)

What if the Nashville Predators relocated to Hamilton in 2007?

Hamilton really wanted a NHL team back so in 2007 when the Preds were looking at relocation Hamilton was once again the likely place. When the team moves they drop blue for black to fit the Tiger branding. I kept the Preds logo and recolored it, but they could also have come up with a completely new logo, maybe in the vein of the Preds logo. The changing of blue to black could cause a stir with Boston and Pittsburgh and in that case they just keep the blue

HMLT2F

• Like 1

ZUH86xc.png

• johne9109 changed the title to What If? NHL Relocation Series (Nashville Predators/Hamilton Tigers)

What if the New York Islanders relocated to Kansas City?

In 2009 the Islanders were not looking good so the possibility of relocation was abound. It looked like they would be going to Kansas City. If this move actually happened the franchise became an opportunity to revive the Scouts....kind of. With the original Scouts now being the Devils technically; they use the Mavericks identity which was about to be used as an ECHL team in KC and bring back the Scouts color scheme. 

KCMF

And that's it. If there's any other possible relocations that I missed please let me know. Hope you all enjoyed

• Like 1
  • Love 1

ZUH86xc.png

• johne9109 changed the title to What If? NHL Relocation Series (New York Islanders/Kansas City Mavericks)
1 hour ago, johne9109 said:

What if the New York Islanders relocated to Kansas City?

In 2009 the Islanders were not looking good so the possibility of relocation was abound. It looked like they would be going to Kansas City. If this move actually happened the franchise became an opportunity to revive the Scouts....kind of. With the original Scouts now being the Devils technically; they use the Mavericks identity which was about to be used as an ECHL team in KC and bring back the Scouts color scheme. 

KCMF

And that's it. If there's any other possible relocations that I missed please let me know. Hope you all enjoyed

Nice job! I believe you missed the Hamilton Coyotes, and the Kitchener-Waterloo Penguins.

There's also been buzz about the Coyotes moving to Houston, Kansas City, or Quebec City as of late.

• Like 1

QNXVyki.png

On 2023-07-20 at 8:39 PM, johne9109 said:

I was going for that they would just change the team name as the rest of the branding would still work and not really need to be changed.

The gold triangle in the Pittsburgh logos represents the Golden Triangle of the city, so upon relocation it probably would be changed to either a different shape or colour, or replaced with something specific to their new home.