DCarp1231’s Best & Worst Matchups of NFL Week 10

Overall some pretty decent stuff this week. As a reminder- Just because two uniforms are traditional and “stand the test of time” it doesn’t mean they’re an automatic nod for Best. Especially when two of those teams share a color and both use darker primary colors.

Best

Browns @ Ravens

Purple and Orange work so well together. Props to Baltimore for not going all black below the jersey.

F-6ObrNaMAANba4?format=jpg&name=large

49ers @ Jaguars

Wow, Teal and Gold working off each other on perfect harmony. Weird, right?

spacer.png

Commanders @ Seahawks

Two very progressively modern uniforms putting out the ideal matchup. I was afraid Washington would go all white and Seattle all blue. They saved themselves.

spacer.png

Honorable Mention

Packers @ Steelers

“But two classic teams in classic uniforms!!” Blah blah blah. There’s too much yellow for me. Sorry about it.

spacer.png

Worst

Panthers @ Bears

I dig the orange jerseys and socks. Indifferent on the helmet. Carolina’s insistence on all black below the jersey can kick rocks.

spacer.png

Lions @ Chargers

Too much light blue and white. Not enough yellow and silver. Shame.

spacer.png

Saints @ Vikings

The mono-pants/socks combos are the killers here.

spacer.png

Wild Card

Jets @ Raiders

Not bad, but not great. Would’ve been a great opportunity for some New York throwbacks or at least green socks. Could’ve, should’ve, would’ve been an ALL TIMER.

spacer.png

Have at it folks!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DCarp1231 said:

Packers @ Steelers

“But two classic teams in classic uniforms!!” Blah blah blah. There’s too much yellow for me. Sorry about it.

spacer.png

Yeah this is one of those instances were two classic uniforms just don't match up well. Reminds me of Super Bowl XLV, though that was even less aesthetically pleasing

533c68fc-6c98-4c3c-992c-66a848898dcd-201

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ManillaToad said:

Yeah this is one of those instances were two classic uniforms just don't match up well. Reminds me of Super Bowl XLV, though that was even less aesthetically pleasing

533c68fc-6c98-4c3c-992c-66a848898dcd-201

I agree that all the yellow isn't great and this objectively isn't a good looking matchup, but I still have no real problems with it -- they gave us the best case scenario matchup for these two franchises, and that's all we could ask for.

• Like 1
  • Meh 1

3 hours ago, ruttep said:

I agree that all the yellow isn't great and this objectively isn't a good looking matchup, but I still have no real problems with it -- they gave us the best case scenario matchup for these two franchises, and that's all we could ask for.

I’ll be honest, I would’ve like to have seen Green Bay go white over green (from the throwback) for this game. More-so than color rush whites. Minimize the yellow.

• Dislike 1

1 minute ago, DCarp1231 said:

I’ll be honest, I would’ve like to have seen Green Bay go white over green (from the throwback) for this game. More-so than color rush whites. Minimize the yellow.

Disagree on that. Alternate pants/socks from a mono-color look should stay with said mono-color look.

I don't need the Packers to take a page out of the New York Jets' book.

I was going for a Browns-esque look.

spacer.png
spacer.png

I see what you're going for, I just don't trust modern-day NFL franchises to 

(a) Wear white socks with that

and

(b) Put stripes on those white socks

If the Packers were to wear green pants with their white jerseys, I see them most likely go for green leggings, in which case I'd scrap the idea entirely.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ruttep said:

I see what you're going for, I just don't trust modern-day NFL franchises to 

(a) Wear white socks with that

and

(b) Put stripes on those white socks

If the Packers were to wear green pants with their white jerseys, I see them most likely go for green leggings, in which case I'd scrap the idea entirely.

The only times they’ve dabbled in monocolor were the CR all whites and those throwbacks. The all whites were done because they had to do it. Throwbacks are throwbacks. It’s not much of a reason to believe an uber-traditional team such as Green Bay would fall for the leggings gag.

• Like 1

The only times they’ve dabbled in monocolor were the CR all whites and those throwbacks. The all whites were done because they had to do it. Throwbacks are throwbacks. It’s not much of a reason to believe an uber-traditional team such as Green Bay would fall for the leggings gag.

It's more that whenever a new uniform is debuted these days, the default seems to be the sock color matching the pant color. I'd love to be proven wrong. I just take a very pessimistic view of current-day NFL uniforms.

4 hours ago, tigerslionspistonshabs said:

Man I thought the Lions-Chargers was a beauty of a game, and that's not even my bias talking. 

Honestly, even if the Lions wore a proper combo instead of practice pants, the light blue of the two teams would have clashed a little too much.