New Blue • Houston Rockets Rebrand (City Uniform 11/26)

timberwolf

Another day, another project.

The recent Rockets city uniform inspired me to overhaul their brand a bit. I've never been a fan of any of the Rockets logo combinations or uniforms, outside of a couple of throwbacks and alternates. The logos haven't necessarily been terrible, it just lacks so much for a team from Houston called the Rockets. Although their current primary is THE worst in the NBA by a wide margin (and that includes OKC).

As for the logos...

I went in a completely different direction with the new set. I really wanted to bring an actual rocket back to the forefront because the team is called... the Rockets. Their old navy/blue/red colour scheme makes a return, although the blue has been lightened to a sky blue-esque shade. The Dunkstronaut has been promoted to an official mark of the team because of how awesome it is. I brought back the retro wordmark style, with a rocket added within the negative space of the O to provide a bit of extra identity.

spacer.png

The uniforms...

I went simple with the design and let the colours do most of the talking. I tried several different versions of pinstripes and side piping but it always ended up looking gaudy and unprofessional. The Dunkstronaut makes an appearance on the shorts to give the uniform set a bit more charm.

I demoted the red to an accent colour on the uniforms. I opted for navy blue to reflect a "Deep Space" vibe. The sky blue operates in the place that white normally would, including the primary colour of the road uniforms. I feel like it's light enough that it wouldn't cause any issues with other teams that use blue as a primary colour.spacer.png

Let me know y'all think!

• Like 16
  • Applause 2

11 hours ago, pHiL Kizer said:

Bro, this is pure fire!  

Would you be able to make this with the red, yellow, and white color scheme?

Ask and ye shall receive.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Also forgot to post this the other day. Red alternate + an inverted San Diego Rockets throwback because I loved the white one. Nothing crazy, just a few additional options to complete the first set.

spacer.png

Working on a City version to add on... hopefully will have that up within the next day.

Let me know what you all think!

• Like 6
  • Applause 1
  • WOAH 1

• timberwolf changed the title to New Blue • Houston Rockets Rebrand (Red & Gold version added + Alternates)

The city version! Very obvious inspiration... the moon! I decided to go in the opposite direction of what the Houston Astros did with their City Connect uniform so a grey/black/red scheme was the choice.

I opted for grey as the primary colour to differentiate this kit from the rest of the set. A very faint moon pattern is layered in behind. Black text with red accents adorn the front and back, with a simple two-colour stripe pattern on the sleeves and shorts to give the uniform a bit more pop.

spacer.png

C&C appreciated!

• Like 8
  • Love 1

• timberwolf changed the title to New Blue • Houston Rockets Rebrand (City Uniform 11/26)
1 hour ago, GriffinM6 said:

Man, this might be one of the most well-done concepts I've ever seen on the boards. The new color scheme looks fantastic, and the logos are all really well done. You did a great job mixing old and new elements to create the perfect look. 

I appreciate the love, man! I'm very grateful for the reception to the set.

I want to push this concept a bit further. I'm going to work on some new ideas but if anyone has any suggestions, please let me know!

• Like 1

On 11/25/2023 at 3:00 PM, timberwolf said:

Ask and ye shall receive.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Also forgot to post this the other day. Red alternate + an inverted San Diego Rockets throwback because I loved the white one. Nothing crazy, just a few additional options to complete the first set.

spacer.png

Working on a City version to add on... hopefully will have that up within the next day.

Let me know what you all think!

spacer.png

• Like 1