Heavy's Arena Football thread ((USFL/XFL/AAF/AFL)) **DLC begins**

heavybass

I'm going to assume that @BengalErnst would be ok with me carrying on with DLC for this thread... and I got impatient so we are going to do that now.

TEAM 1 FOR DLC!

This team is currently in the IFL and is the only northeast team in said league and imo are targets for the AFL....

MASSACHUSETTS PIRATES

AP1GczPs-IltfzGU_04vOYMc_aTepIEW5zd10mGe

AP1GczPpE0ewfIO3Tx1-a2DOAEyoTTlLnJB4KFcv

The Pirates have a gorgeous color scheme of Teal, Navy and White with Gold as decoration only... so I decide to update the helmet logo to the Piratehead, add in Navy alt pants and use a pirate number font.

The first team of the East and this works with the 4 New York/New Jersey teams, Defenders and Boston Celtics.

• heavybass changed the title to Heavy's Arena Football thread ((USFL/XFL/AAF/AFL)) **DLC begins**

Team 2 of DLC and i'm a big fan of this look.

SPOKANE SHOCK
AP1GczNsOvmov-OA_XNEr6RPBpmWQzkYVaFl72GZ

AP1GczPD6U3_KDsleyZ4VTzoFahKbBXNHD1hMy4p

The Shock are the punk rockers of the AFL.... people are going to complain about the backwards S but they'll kick your ass and tell you that it is an extreme boop snake with consumate V's.... no seriously they will kick your ass.

Now it's time for a shake up for Team 3 of DLC.... and watch me commit a war crime as I'm about to do something that I haven't done in a while.

Add an expansion team to a beloved league and that beloved league is....

the AAF.

NOW WE WELCOME!!!

TULSA TYCOONS

AP1GczN-zyw_afzkdiHSpO4rw8zeLVkcUUhjVMI2

AP1GczO1vdur3WedXpTz3y6X3b0LpteNxoDJ6Nyg

Here we have an original concept based off someone else again but I figured let's take it a bit further... I would add a home kit, gold alternate pants and the kicker... a metallic looking tan helmet.

The set up is Tycoon Silver, Tycoon Navy and Tycoon Gold with Tan and a metallic White as support.

Now this is also a reference to the AAF wanting to expand into other heartland areas such as Oklahoma, Columbus and Portland... but I figure Tulsa is something overlooked so I went with that.

Plus you know someone would of made a Tycoons team.

• Like 1

Team #5... and I feel like this thread's been given the cold shoulder... ironic since this team is from Wisconsin.

GREEN BAY BLIZZARD

AP1GczOD87ep6iGM-qujev91ZgxyiD0UlKA5zlPT

AP1GczMql2e66eqwdPQ5bG2zPkQTmCHdBfiYuxwu

Since the Jets are ditching this horrible looking arena football looking circus show, the Blizzard rock it better because they use a good shade of green and I gave them an off white like ice color to go with the green.... well of course silver would of been included if Arena Football allow third looks but I don't think they do.

((I wanted to bump this post by realising that at some point and mostly because of the UFL's Roughnecks are essentially the Gamblers adapting the Roughnecks brand but it got me to thinking that the USFL, XFL and the AAF might take some teams that were AFL and make them their own... plus Ohio is pretty much open so that might be the plan atm))

Plus there's a relocation or two possibly and I got a team in mind that might make the move.

9 hours ago, heavybass said:

Team #5... and I feel like this thread's been given the cold shoulder... ironic since this team is from Wisconsin.

GREEN BAY BLIZZARD

AP1GczOD87ep6iGM-qujev91ZgxyiD0UlKA5zlPT

AP1GczMql2e66eqwdPQ5bG2zPkQTmCHdBfiYuxwu

Since the Jets are ditching this horrible looking arena football looking circus show, the Blizzard rock it better because they use a good shade of green and I gave them an off white like ice color to go with the green.... well of course silver would of been included if Arena Football allow third looks but I don't think they do.

How many snaps will their star QB get this season?

(I like it although the white/beige that was picked, looks super depressing ngl.)

• LOL 1

58 minutes ago, Bomba Tomba said:

Okay why am I in love with that greenish shade of white

Well you did say you was the biggest opponent of just white on road... also I believe its an icy shade of white, not sure if there's a greenish white out there... i would of used that, at least it's not beige.

Well I was hoping for someone to take a guess at to which city was wide open still... and I did mention Ohio was open but there's a gaping hole in Maryland that needs filling.

BALTIMORE JOUSTERS

AP1GczOWJX9WQGd8O3lvki7n7vgm9CGktTfEkgkk

AP1GczMwI_--8NL4tYpFt9bo7HMaRiWZgtJ6W3Fm

For those wondering why... Jousting was Maryland's sanctioned state sport until 2004 where they made Lacrosse official but for a while and far as I know... there is still people that ride on horseback and literally joust.

The location for this team is Essex, Maryland which is not far off Baltimore itself so there would be fan support.... the Spring League where the Jousters came from is owned by the  people that brought back the USFL so putting these guys in the USFL was a given but also adding another purple team to the list and annoying those that hate red.

On 4/11/2024 at 8:05 AM, heavybass said:

Realising that the white I wanted to convey was more beige than white... I ditched it and tried again on the ice white.

AP1GczOVO_v_jBa_L_F9zQLV6aCCMfqTIMVTcZ88

AP1GczOurpOYcCxea3D5GY4zIrrRyqZQ-OAdfL4y

Much prefer the white.

As to the Jousters I like everything about it, but not making the shield have the criss cross pattern of the Maryland flag would be a missed opportunity imo. other than that, good stuff.

Criss cross pattern would of been too predictable, I went with the shield pattern because it reminded me of the other half of the Maryland flag.... plus purple and grey are Ravens colours and Maryland has a bad history of Arena Football teams.

Also a chance to pair the Jousters with their rivals, the Generals.

• Meh 1