Your 2024 Chicago Royals + Samurai Los Angeles (Dodgers)!

coco1997

Ever since the Chicago White Sox hired the Kansas City Royals’ former bench coach as manager, promoted a former Royal to GM, filled out their front office with other former Royals and began amassing ex-Royal players all within the past few months, it’s become a joke amongst Sox fans that our team seems determined to reshape itself into the Royals for, uh, some reason. With that in mind, I thought it would be fun/funny to imagine what a mashup up the two teams would look like:

ROYALS LOGO:
Chicago-Royals-logo-w-outline.png

ROYALS HOME:

Chicago-Royals-Home-w-no-sleeve-stripes.

ROYALS ROAD:

Chicago-Royals-Road-w-script.png

HOME/ROAD ALT:

Chicago-Royals-Alt-w-C.png

Notes:

- A royal shade of gold replaces silver on the South Siders’ uniforms to produce a look similar to the one used by the Charlotte Knights, Chicago’s Triple-A team.
- The road uniforms feature a new “Chicago” script in the same style as KC’s “Royals” wordmark.  
- The crown in the shield logo replaces the four circles with six-pointed stars as a nod to the Chicago flag.

Much as I disapprove of what the Sox have been doing, at least it inspired a fun creative exercise. C&C appreciated! 

• Like 10

1 hour ago, Coiler said:

The black looks like a very dark shade of brown: Is it just the color contrast and my eyes?

Nope, it's black! It's not a super saturated shade, though, so I guess it might look very dark brown. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Coiler said:

The black looks like a very dark shade of brown: Is it just the color contrast and my eyes?

Also the White Sox taking from that very successful juggernaut, the Kansas City Royals. (/sarscasm)

1 hour ago, coco1997 said:

Nope, it's black! It's not a super saturated shade, though, so I guess it might look very dark brown. 

It's RGB value makes it look dark brown. Its the same shade UMass use in their logo.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Dozap17 said:

This is a wonderfully bizarre idea of mashing up two teams! This has concept series potential written all over it IMO...

Thanks! Not sure there's enough material for an entire series, but I can say I do have an idea for at least one more mashup.  👀

20 hours ago, VampyrRabbit said:

It's RGB value makes it look dark brown. Its the same shade UMass use in their logo.

Yeah, the more I look at it, the more I agree. Here's an updated set with the White Sox actual shade of black:

HOME:

Chicago-Royals-Home-darker-black.png

ROAD:

Chicago-Royals-Road-darker-black.png

HOME/ROAD ALT:

Chicago-Royals-Alt-darker-black.png

• Like 1

On 1/9/2024 at 5:13 PM, Dozap17 said:

This is a wonderfully bizarre idea of mashing up two teams! This has concept series potential written all over it IMO...

How's this?

After signing former Samurai Japan teammates Shohei Ohtani and Yoshinobu Yamamoto this winter, it's a safe bet the Los Angeles Dodgers have secured the baseball loyalty of the entire nation of Japan for years to come. So what would you get if you crossed the Dodgers’ uniforms with Samurai Japan's?

SAMURAI LOS ANGELES HOME:

Dodgers-Team-Japan-Home-lighter-gold.png

SAMURAI LOS ANGELES ROAD/ALT:
Dodgers-Team-Japan-Alt-no-pins.png

Notes:

- Samurai Japan’s uniforms feature several interesting elements, including navy headspoon piping, segmented, wide-set red pinstripes and gold trim.

- Both jerseys make use of the arched, Tuscan style "Dodgers" wordmarks worn by Brooklyn from 1932-33. The cap also features a new "LA" monogram in that same style. 
- Above the wordmarks is the Los Angeles flag, similar to how the flag is placed on Japan's jerseys.
- I took a little liberty with the road set by keeping the piping and color balance from Japan's 2017-21 away uniforms while dropping the pinstripes (a la the team’s current look) which seemed to clutter up the design. I also gave the uniforms matching blue pants, while Japan’s road pants are plain white.

C&C appreciated! 

• Like 4

• coco1997 changed the title to Your 2024 Chicago Royals + Samurai Los Angeles (Dodgers)!