VampyrRabbit

Rebrand for the Clippers, for the move to their new arena. The team should have moved away from blue and red with a 1993 rebrand that would have looked awesome in Anaheim, but like the full time move to The Pond, it was kiboshed. Some elements of that proposal I've used in this concept.

6d3c7b0856f87f47de7e6b0eda1681608637eff2

So the main team colours are a shade of blue called Ocean Melody, which is darker and more saturated than the shade the Clippers currently use, and Mayan Green, a similar shade to the seafoam green from the 1993 proposal, with Orange Juice as the third colour. Ensign Blue is used for the compass needle. The Clippers script is used here and a compass forms the dot in the i, I wanted a nautical symbol that the Clippers could own and the compass fitted the bill.

The font for LOS ANGELES is Talldeco.

fd11c3adb314c1ddb29ba8783057789b5fba41b6 that

The primary logo has the Clippers script below a basketball representing the sun rising above the ocean and the prow and sails of a clipper in font.

88b1e255a9788fb787ee80c4912fbbb96df02230

The secondary logo has the basketball and clipper, but with LA in modified Talldeco beneath.

Coming soon - Uniforms.

C+C would be cool.

• Like 5

This is a really strong concept. The color scheme is fantastic, and I think that the talldeco font compliments the cursive script well. 

I like the inclusion of the compass logo, but think it could be removed from the wordmark, and be saved for the shorts or waistband as a standalone logo. It just seems a little out of place since the primary logo already has a nice composition of imagery, and the cursive script doesn't need much more flair.

I think you could also play around with the weight of outlines on the ship and script, just to see what you think looks best. I think the clipper could go for a black outline as to look more consistent with the rest of the logo, but I understand that it may look off due to its close proximity to the seams of the basketball. A thicker orange outline on the script could also be an improvement, but it's nice as is too.

I don't think any of these suggestions will really make or break the concept since your initial showing is so strong, but I'd love to see how you feel about them. Great work all around! Really excited to see the uniforms!

3 hours ago, fortunat1 said:

This is a really strong concept. The color scheme is fantastic, and I think that the talldeco font compliments the cursive script well. 

I like the inclusion of the compass logo, but think it could be removed from the wordmark, and be saved for the shorts or waistband as a standalone logo. It just seems a little out of place since the primary logo already has a nice composition of imagery, and the cursive script doesn't need much more flair.

I think you could also play around with the weight of outlines on the ship and script, just to see what you think looks best. I think the clipper could go for a black outline as to look more consistent with the rest of the logo, but I understand that it may look off due to its close proximity to the seams of the basketball. A thicker orange outline on the script could also be an improvement, but it's nice as is too.

I don't think any of these suggestions will really make or break the concept since your initial showing is so strong, but I'd love to see how you feel about them. Great work all around! Really excited to see the uniforms!

Thanks, this is actually my first Basketball concept, but it won't be the last. I probably will use the compass from the wordmarks and logos and use it as a waistband logo, and maybe give the script a thicker outline. I loved the Factory Pomo font used on the 1993 rebrand and I was always going to use some form of it in the concept, and stoked that it went with the traditional Clippers script.

I'll cook up the uniforms over the weekend.

The colors on this are fantastic. I like the compass as the dot of the I but maybe put it at the same angle as the rest of the wordmark so it feels like it's more a part of the word. It could also just be used for the waistband logo like @fortunat1 said. I also agree that the clipper needs to be played around with just a little but more. As it is now it feels a little hard to make out. Maybe either adjust the shape a little or adding a stroke and I think once that's figured out that will take this from a pretty good concept to an amazong concept. Great work

ZUH86xc.png