The Manitoba Soccer League Project

CRDesigns

Hello everyone!
I'm kicking tires on a new project, similar to the California League and Oregon League projects weve seen here on the boards recently. I'm bringing the style up north, for the Manitoba League!
This is more of a for-fun creative exercise for me to get better at logo creation, plus I really enjoy making soccer designs.
I will be using Raysox's template for this.
Sponsors will be picked from businesses in each area though there may be some exceptions!

We'll be starting with a couple teams based in Winnipeg!

Saint Boniface Reds
auELQTh.png

The Reds (Also known as CF Rouges) are playing out of St. Boniface. Their logo features the Saint Boniface cathedral, with 4 stripes on the top corner to represent the 4 grey nuns who came to Manitoba and eventually formed St Boniface. Both kits also pay homage to this. Their sponsor is the Royal Canadian Mint.

West End Nine
L6xtXso.png

The West End Nine are named for the 9 neighbourhoods that make up the west end. The logo uses a flower similar to that of the Westminster United Church, with 9 petals and a retro soccer ball in the middle. It also is a slight nod to the stained glass design of the church. Their primary kit reflects this, while their secondary is much simpler with a vertical gradient stripe. They are sponsored by Tim Hortons.

Transcona United

(The Omegas)
tEN4O3H.png

The Omegas are based out of Transcona, and are named after one of the GOAT wrestlers, Kenny Omega (He grew up in the area)

Their primary kit is a railroad themed kit, since the rail industry is HUGE in the Transcona neighbourhoods, and the alternate kit is themed after The Elite, even though Kenny has been "banned" from it right now...

That's all ive got for you so far, but I will continue hammering away at this!
Some of the next up communities I will be working on:
Brandon
Portage La Prairie
The Exchange District
North Kildonan

C&C Very appreciated!

• Like 8
  • Love 1

19 hours ago, CRDesigns said:

Saint Boniface Reds
auELQTh.png

For this jersey, which looks great by the way, I wonder if copying the new Nike logo setup for the Canada jerseys might work. 

s1OLL4z.png

• Like 1

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

31 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

For this jersey, which looks great by the way, I wonder if copying the new Nike logo setup for the Canada jerseys might work. 

s1OLL4z.png

You are an absolute genius! 

OYIJxMp.png

Ill have North Kildonan FC uploaded at some point today. 

• Like 1

Happy to see another state (in this case provincial) soccer league! :)

You've got some really good stuff so far! I particularly like the Reds kits and the West End home

A few suggestions, though! For the Reds away kit, I think making the sponsor outline cream instead of red would enhance the visibility of it. I also think that the Transcona home would benefit from thinner vertical white lines, and I suggest adding a red stripe in between the white stripes and the horizontal "rail" stripes.

Awesome start, and I'm excited to see the rest of it!

• Like 1

Thank you for the feedback, everybody! I will make the changes that @TheGiantsFan suggested and add those in a future update. For now, I have 2 more kits for you!

North Kildonan FC

llbHqxV.png

I dont have too much of an explanation for this one. NK is a pretty simple area, so I gave them a old style monogram logo and some simple kits. The sponsor is Miller's Meats, a local butcher shop.

Elmwood Elms FC

qapKNwX.png

Elmwood's primary kit and logo are inspired by the Louise bridge. The away kit brings the monogram on its own, with a split design on the jersey itself. The sponsor is Universal, who have made multiple films in Winnipeg (Shoutout to Chucky!)

Feedback is appreciated as always!

• Like 4

Love the colors on these two!

I'm only concerned about the readability of the numbers on the North Kildonan home kit (and to an extend, the West End home). For North Kildonan, I'd simply make the numbers and maybe the sponsors white and for West End, I would just make the black outline on the numbers thicker.