2024 WNBA Thread

29 minutes ago, Digby said:

The WNBA CBA is weird and complicated and not structured like the NBA one, but what I've read is that players only make an effective 10-15 percent of league revenue -- they split 50-50 only after a certain threshold.

Well, that's just sad. It should be as close to 50% as possible. Though it does explain all the "WNBA player makes x while NBA player makes 30 times more" factoids that people love to pump out. 

I think they certainly have the leverage to get a better deal, but a lockout would knock them on their collective ass just like it did for the NHL. Three times. 

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

21 hours ago, McCall said:

Arguably the league's highest profile season since year 1 and New York finally happens to win their first championship? I know they've been good and no one would have any doubt they could possibly could have won otherwise, but it can't help but appear suspicious with that many obvious coincidences.

you know, correct me if I'm wrong, but I have this sneaking suspicion that you wouldn't be malding nearly as much over this were it, say, the Atlanta Dream in this position.

53Ocz8U.png

30 minutes ago, Partycrasher said:

you know, correct me if I'm wrong, but I have this sneaking suspicion that you wouldn't be malding nearly as much over this were it, say, the Atlanta Dream in this position.

And you wouldn't be so defensive if it wasn't New York, which also happens to be much more high profile than Atlanta.

41 minutes ago, Partycrasher said:

Engelbert is just following in the footsteps of the late great David Stern in flaunting his favoritism for New York and daring anyone to do anything about it. She loves this game too!

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫