The sequel to the Into-the-816 Verse series has arrived!, and we got a whole lot of fun in store for this one, as always the logos will be done by the Fiverr artists used for the logos in the previous series with a credit in italics on the branding section of the concept. 

FOOTBALL

BASEBALL

• Kansas City Cowboys (Twins-style) (MLB)
  • Kansas City Blues (MLB)
  • Sacramento Royals (MLB)
  • High Desert Cacti (A)
  • Omaha Royals (AAA)
  • Wichita Wranglers (AA)
  • Oklahoma City Storm Chasers (AAA)
  • Kansas City Buffaloes (ex-Cardinals) (MLB)
  • 2030 All-Star-Game (MLB)

BASKETBALL

HOCKEY

• Kansas City Royals (ECHL/USHL)
  • Kansas City Mavericks (NHL)

RUGBY

• Kansas City Blues (USA Rugby)

gT1BtSs.png

We're gonna start the new series with a gridiron football version of MLB's Athletics, specifically the Athletics during their time in Kansas City, what if the A's were Kansas City's NFL franchise?

BRANDING

Main logo courtesy of DexterGraphicx

Athletics-Branding.png

For the mascot, I of course went with the Athletics iconic elephant, which is now wrapping a football around its trunk instead of a baseball bat, I reused the blue, yellow, powder blue, and white color scheme from the baseball Athletics, the font used for the scripts, insignias, and jersey numbers was 4th and Inches.

EXTRA SCRIPT LOGOS

Athletics-Extra-Script-Logos.png

Here are all the extra script logos I put together for the football A's

EXTRA INSIGNIAS

Athletics-Extra-Insignia-Logos.png

Here the extra insignias for the football A's

FIELD AND UNIFORMS

Athletics-Field-and-Uniforms.png

For the football A's home field, I have the elephant logo at midfield with blue endzones and a yellow script logo, and for the uniforms, I put together a 6-piece set which includes a standard home and away, an all blue, an all white, a powder blue alternate and a "mustard" yellow alternate.

EXTRA FIELDS

Athletics-Extra-Fields.png

And here for the extra fields I put together for the football A's, there's two extra home fields with yellow and powder blue endzones, and then for the Super Bowl fields; I have the football A's representing the AFC.

• Like 5

gT1BtSs.png

I've had this idea for a college football bowl game based in Kansas City in the drafts for a while and I almost put it into the "Bonus Concepts" section of the previous series, but with the uncertainty of the Royals' situation with Kauffman Stadium, I decided to hold it off, until now, I was able to bring the concept back into fruition with a new name than what was originally considered (Kauffman Bowl).

BRANDING

Logo courtesy of DexterGraphicx

Heartland-Bowl-Logo-and-Location.png

The name of this college football bowl game would be the Heartland Bowl taking place at the Royals brand new downtown stadium projected to open in the late 2020s, maybe early 2030s. The name originates from Kansas City's location in what is known as America's Heartland and also the Parade of Hearts which numerous heart statues can be found sprinkled in the Kansas City metro area. The bowl game would be a Big 12-Big Ten tie in. The font used for the header was Yanice. 

EXTRA LOGOS & POTENTIAL SPONSORS

Heartland-Bowl-Extra-Logos-and-Potential

And here's a set that features a simplifed logo without the arched location text, a plain logo, and several logos mocked with a different sponsor (Chime, Domino's, O'Reilly Auto Parts, Raising Cane's, Ubisoft, Sling, Yahoo).

BOWL GAME FIELD

Heartland-Bowl-Field.png

Here's a mockup of what the field would look like with Kansas and Oregon endzones being used for this example, I used Pink Slab 130 to recreate KU football's new wordmark as there's currently not a HQ version available. 

HEARTLAND BOWL CHAMPIONS T-SHIRTS (BIG 12 TEAMS)

Heartland-Bowl-Champions-T-Shirt-Quilt-B

I went in and created a mock locker-room Heartland Bowl Champions T-shirt design for each Big 12 team, inspired by Charlie Hustle.

HEARTLAND BOWL CHAMPIONS T-SHIRTS (BIG TEN TEAMS)

Heartland-Bowl-Champions-T-Shirt-Quilt-B

And a set for each Big Ten team as well.

• Like 3

gT1BtSs.png

• maxwasson changed the title to ACROSS THE 816-VERSE - Heartland Bowl (NCAA)

Back in April when the sales tax extension that would've kept the Chiefs in Jackson County, Missouri (Arrowhead Stadium) for the forseeable future failed to pass; Dallas mayor Eric Johnson chipped in and expressed interest in returning the Kansas City Chiefs to their original home of Dallas, Texas. This of course, wouldn't actually happen (Jerry Jones would throw a hissy fit), but what would the Chiefs look like if they returned to Dallas? They obviously wouldn't be able to reuse the old Texans name as it's currently property of the Houston Texans. 

BRANDING

Main logo, helmet logo, and insignia logo are courtesy of Yusupedia

Lobos-Branding.png

In this scenario I have the Chiefs changing their name to the Lobos, this is essentially a Texified version of my Chiefs wolf rebranding concept from last year, although elements of the old Dallas Texans are still here with the helmet logo being a refreshed version of the Dallas Texans' old helmet logo.

EXTRA SCRIPT & INSIGNIA LOGOS

Lobos-Extra-Script-and-Insignia-Logos

Here are the extra script and insignia logos I put together for the Dallas Lobos. 

EXTRA PRIMARY AND ALTERNATE LOGOS

Lobos-Extra-Primary-and-Alternate-Logos.

I also put together a couple extra primary and alternate logos, these include the main logo with a white outline instead of a yellow outline, red and yellow alts for the helmet logo, a version of the helmet logo with the "D" insignia, and the Arrowhead/Dreamcatcher designs borrowed from my other Chiefs redesign concept with the "D" insignia in place of the "KC" insignia. 

FIELD AND UNIFORMS

Lobos-Field-and-Uniforms.png

The Lobos home field features the wolf mascot at midfield with red endzones and yellow "Lobos" scripts, the Lobos uniforms are an updated Dallas Texans set with an all white, and all black uniform. There's also 3 alternate red, white, and black helmets with the wolf logo. 

COTTON BOWL MOCKUP

Cotton-Bowl-Field-Mockup.png

Here's what the Lobos home field would look like in the Cotton Bowl located in Downtown Dallas.

EXTRA FIELDS

Lobos-Extra-Fields.png

I put together a set of 5 extra home fields, 2 fields with the wolf logo and yellow/black endzones, and then a set of "throwback" fields that have the old Texans logo at midfield with red, yellow, and black endzones. There's also Super Bowl fields (LIV, LV, LVII, LVIII) for each Super Bowl the Chiefs have appeared in the modern era, alongside a Super Bowl LIX field featuring an all-Dallas Super Bowl, and 3 neutral site AFC Championship fields with Lobos/Oilers and Lobos/Texans matchups.

ALTERNATE LOCATIONS

Lobos-Alternate-Locations.png

As a little extra treat, I put together some alternate "global" logos that have the Lobos play in other Texas cities and some major cities along the Southern Plains.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

gT1BtSs.png

• maxwasson changed the title to ACROSS THE 816-VERSE - Heartland Bowl (NCAA) + Dallas Lobos (ex-Chiefs) (NFL)
  • 2 weeks later...

Back during the formation of the ABA,  there were 10 teams that were slated to play in the ABA's inaugural 1967-68 season, the Anaheim Amigos, Dallas Chaparrals, Houston Mavericks, Indiana Pacers, Kentucky Colonels, Minnesota Muskies, New Orleans Buccaneers, New York Americans, Pittsburgh Pipers, and an unnamed Kansas City team. That unnamed Kansas City team moved to Denver before the league's first season started as founder James Trindle was unable to find a suitable arena for his new franchise, so they packed their bags and became the Denver Larks who eventually be known as the Denver Nuggets; a name that would stick throughout the ABA's merger with the NBA in 1976. But what if Trindle did find a suitable arena in Kansas City and stayed through the ABA/NBA merger into the present day?

BRANDING

Main logo courtesy of DexterGraphicx

Bluebirds-Branding.png

If the Kansas City ABA franchise had stayed they could've gone with the nickname "Bluebirds" naming themselves after Missouri's state bird, much like how the Denver Nuggets originally named themselves the "Larks" after Colorado's state bird. The font used for the scripts, insignias, and jersey numbers was East Broadway Ultra Condensed.

EXTRA HOME & AWAY SCRIPTS

Bluebirds-Extra-Home-Script-Logos.png

Here are the extra home scripts and page 1 of the road scripts I put together for the Bluebirds.

Bluebirds-Road-Script-Logos.png

Page 2 of the Bluebirds road script logos.

EXTRA INSIGNIA & PRIMARY LOGOS

Bluebirds-Extra-Insignias-and-Alternates

Here are the extra insignia logos I put together for the Bluebirds, as well as some plain primary logos.

HOME COURTS

Bluebirds-Court.png

The Bluebirds main home court is largely inspired by the Denver Nuggets current home court design, complete with a subtle "816" numbering in the key, referring to KCMO's area code. 

Bluebirds-Court-City-Edition.png

The Bluebirds city court edition is a custom design with a "KC" logo in the center featuring the "rainbow" color scheme used by the Nuggets in the late 80s and early 90s.

UNIFORMS

Bluebirds-Uniforms.png

Here are the Bluebirds uniforms, the home and away are based on the Nuggets current home and away jerseys that they have been wearing since 2018-19 and the blue alternate is based on the Nuggets' current statement edition jersey, the city edition jersey is based on the Nuggets' city edition jersey from 2019-20 with the KC skyline in front of a muted rainbow. 

• Like 2

gT1BtSs.png

• maxwasson changed the title to ACROSS THE 816-VERSE - Kansas City Bluebirds (Nuggets) (NBA/ABA)

This timeline for the NFL's Los Angeles Sun Dogs begins all the way back in 2005, where after the events of Hurricane Katrina and the considerable damage done to the New Orleans Superdome, the Saints play one season at a temporary home in Baton Rouge on LSU's campus, and then the next year; Saints owner Tom Benson would move the team to Los Angeles, California for the 2006-07 NFL season, signifying a return to football in Los Angeles 10 years after the Rams and Raiders departed the area, the LA Saints would play home games at LA's Memorial Coliseum sharing a home with USC. 

A few years later over in Kansas City, the measure to renovate Arrowhead Stadium would fall through in the year of 2006, which is coincidentally the same year that Chiefs founder; Lamar Hunt Sr. would pass away in December, the Hunt family would then sell the team to an LA-based ownership group, and a couple years of middling football in Kansas City; the Chiefs would pack their bags for the sunny beaches of Los Angeles, California sharing a city with the Saints for the 2009-10 NFL season, and would rebrand themselves as the Los Angeles Sun Dogs, The Sun Dogs would play their home games in the Rose Bowl alongside UCLA; at least until the 2020-21 NFL season where they would move to Inglewood and play in the newly-constructed SoFi Stadium sharing it with the LA Saints. 

Several years later after the Chiefs departure; the San Diego Chargers would find themselves in an oversaturated market having to compete with the Saints and the Sun Dogs just an hour north; after several failed attempts to strongarm the city of San Diego into funding a new stadium for the Chargers; the Spanos family agrees to sell the team to a KC-based ownership group in 2011, and in 2014-15 the Chargers move to Kansas City, Missouri where they become the NFL's Kansas City Royals as they would move into a renovated Arrowhead (but not Arrowhead any longer) as the naming rights would be sold to Verizon from 2014-15 to 2020-21, until getting renamed to its current name as GEHA Field.

The Raiders would still move to Las Vegas for the 2020-21 NFL season, but with the Saints and Sun Dogs (Chiefs) already in LA, the Rams are able to stay put in St. Louis, as the vote for  a Riverfront Stadium is approved and is ready to go for the 2020-21 NFL season. 

BRANDING

Main logo and insignia logo courtesy of Yusupedia

Sun-Dogs-Branding.png

For the Sun Dogs mascot, I went with a husky wearing sunglasses, there's also an array of interlocking "LA" insignia logos that bare a slight resemblance to the LA Dodgers famous cap logo. 

EXTRA SCRIPT & INSIGNIA LOGOS

Sun-Dogs-Extra-Script-and-Insignia-Logos

Here are the extra script logos I put together for the LA Sun Dogs, as well as some extra insignia logos.

EXTRA PRIMARY & ALTERNATE LOGOS

Sun-Dogs-Extra-Primary-and-Alternate-Log

Here are some extra primary and alternate logos, there's a main logo with a white outline, plus some "Chiefs-style" logos with the LA insignia. 

FIELD AND UNIFORMS

Sun-Dogs-Field-and-Uniforms.png

The Sun Dogs field features red endzones with the yellow scripts and both ends of the field, the uniforms now have a new number font; SF Hollywood Hills, to add some local flair to the Sun Dogs (Chiefs) uniforms, and there's a set of red, white, and black alternate helmets with the different variations of the LA logo. 

EXTRA FIELDS

Sun-Dogs-Extra-Fields.png

Here are the extra fields I put together for the Sun Dogs, there's 2 alternate home fields with yellow and black endzones, Super Bowl fields for LIV, LV, LVII, and LVIII (each Super Bowl that the Chiefs have appeared in during the modern era). As well as 2 Super Bowl LIX fields, featuring an all-LA bowl between the Sun Dogs and Saints, and Sun Dogs vs. Rams. As well as a neutral site AFC Championship Game field between the Sun Dogs and football Royals. 

ALTERNATE LOCATIONS

Sun-Dogs-Alternate-Locations.png

Just like with the Dallas Lobos, I put together some alternate global logos with different locations; with this featuring other cities across SoCal & NoCal, as well as Vegas & Phoenix. 

• Like 2

gT1BtSs.png

• maxwasson changed the title to ACROSS THE 816-VERSE - Kansas City Bluebirds (Nuggets) (NBA/ABA) + Los Angeles Sun Dogs (ex-Chiefs) (NFL)

Before the Minnesota Twins and before the first incarnation of the Washington Senators, the Twins/Senators franchise started out as a AA team in the Western League based in Kansas City known as the "Kansas City Cowboys", this Cowboys team would also use the "Blues" moniker throughout its existence, when the American League was founded in 1901; the Kansas City Cowboys relocated to our nation's capital to become the first incarnation of the Washington Senators. But what if the Cowboys had stayed in Kansas City during the formation of the American League?

BRANDING

Primary logo, Insignia logo, and home script logo are courtesy of Yusupedia

Cowboys-Branding.png

The idea for this "Twins-style" concept was inspired by @coco1997's take on the Kansas City Cowboys, the logo and home script logos are designed to replicate the Minnesota Twins branding throughout the 2000s and 2010s. The font used to replicate the Twins' road scripts was Duvall 4.

EXTRA SCRIPT LOGOS

Cowboys-Extra-Script-Logos.png

Here are the rest of the home script logos, and the road script logos I put together for the Cowboys.

UNIFORMS

Cowboys-Uniforms.png

This 4-piece uniform set is based on the Minnesota Twins uniforms from 2010-2014, which features the iconic pinstripes home jersey for the Cowboys. 

• Like 2

gT1BtSs.png

• maxwasson changed the title to ACROSS THE 816-VERSE - Kansas City Cowboys (Twins-style) (MLB)