MLB by MJD7

MJD7

For the Reds, I would really like to see them emphasize black in there color scheme a lot more and not just in there CC uniforms, Something Like a black outline or drop-fade on the Numbers and Chest Script I think would bring this set to it's full potential

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Nickishim2838 said:

For the Reds, I would really like to see them emphasize black in there color scheme a lot more and not just in there CC uniforms, Something Like a black outline or drop-fade on the Numbers and Chest Script I think would bring this set to it's full potential

I'm sorry, but is this a joke? The Reds have a black shadow on their numbers & script in real life. That's pretty much the one major thing I changed.

Chicago White Sox

• I went with the City Connect number font and double-stripe across the board. I also flipped the colors of the away wordmark, and added a "White Sox" script alternate and a black-&-white version of the '83 throwback.

5vuWlHW.png Af5DO1q.png 0zLDcLs.png O8SKHKP.png

• It pains me to admit it, but the Sox' City Connect is perfect, so no changes.

YC0Wxv8.png

• Like 6
  • Love 1

The White Sox are wearing white socks! Huzzah!

The color flip on the road wordmark is excellent

I'd love to see the "White Sox" script wordmark from the black jersey on a solid white (or cream) home alternate

Another idea: how about an alternate cap that they can mix and match with a white front panel and the traditional "Sox" logo rendered in black instead of white? Kind of similar to the throwback inspired cap but with a black brim and the current logo.

• Like 1
  • WOAH 1

5 hours ago, MJD7 said:

I'm sorry, but is this a joke? The Reds have a black shadow on their numbers & script in real life. That's pretty much the one major thing I changed.

Sorry I should've been more Specific, I meant getting rid of any of the weird white Outlines on the Numbers & Script and making the style of it similar to how Louisville's Football team Looks only it's the Reds font, mb 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Nickishim2838 said:

Sorry I should've been more Specific, I meant getting rid of any of the weird white Outlines on the Numbers & Script and making the style of it similar to how Louisville's Football team Looks only it's the Reds font, mb 

Ah okay, that makes sense. I think it could be a good look, but a bit too modern for the Reds for my tastes. Here's a look at the away jersey:

FjBXy05.png

On 7/26/2024 at 4:26 PM, lilleff512 said:

The White Sox are wearing white socks! Huzzah!

The color flip on the road wordmark is excellent

Thanks!

I'd love to see the "White Sox" script wordmark from the black jersey on a solid white (or cream) home alternate

Here's a look (with a white cap), I dig it:

tIZqi2W.png

Another idea: how about an alternate cap that they can mix and match with a white front panel and the traditional "Sox" logo rendered in black instead of white? Kind of similar to the throwback inspired cap but with a black brim and the current logo.

I very nearly went with a white cap for the black alternate, but decided against it. Here's a look at a few options:

IAnHg5a.png ezQx6nx.png zPZXEC3.png

I actually probably like the tri-color option best.

21 hours ago, coco1997 said:

Matching the numbers to the “SOX” wordmark on the ‘83 fauxback is brilliant. I’m kicking myself for never thinking of doing that myself. 

Thanks! I just really like matching number fonts, haha.

• Like 3

Chicago Cubs

• I added the thick blue cuffs back on the home, went with the 60's away design, and brought back the 80's blue alternate. Essentially a combination of different eras throughout Cubs' history.

TH1RARj.png 9kGrSBi.png qBphO45.png

• Their City Connect was pretty underwhelming at first, but it's grown on me a bit.

hBE8iF1.png

• Like 2

3 hours ago, MJD7 said:

Ah okay, that makes sense. I think it could be a good look, but a bit too modern for the Reds for my tastes. Here's a look at the away jersey:

FjBXy05.png

I don't think the Reds should use black, but IF they do, this is a much better look than what they actually wear IMO

3 hours ago, MJD7 said:

Here's a look (with a white cap), I dig it:

tIZqi2W.png

They look like stormtroopers, I love it!

• Like 7
  • LOL 1

16 hours ago, lilleff512 said:

I don't think the Reds should use black, but IF they do, this is a much better look than what they actually wear IMO

I think I like their current look slightly  better, but I don't mind this look. Like you, I don't love the Reds using black, but I think the color scheme could work for another team, maybe an expansion team like Nashville or someone like that.

Boston Red Sox

• Their identity is obviously pretty classic, so only minimal changes, like adding stripes back on the sleeves reminiscent of the early Ted Williams days, as well as adding striping back on both of the alternates.

JEZgPe4.png ITe2d4g.png zzY9p4r.png hacgstK.png

• Their City Connect is a radical departure from their main set, but has such an important significance to Boston and their history. So, I just updated the hat to match the jersey wordmark, making it look less like a UCLA cap.

J4Qopsx.png

• Like 2

Baltimore Orioles

• I think the O's might have the most underrated uniforms in baseball, so changes are mostly reserved to the black alternate, where, inspired by the City Connect, I went with a plain white script with orange accents for the front number & player name on the back.

KHRs8OQ.png bYnc2Eb.png ds64M5e.png 9zdiWLk.png

• For the City Connect, I know it's probably overplayed, but I feel like a Maryland flag pattern makes more sense for the sleeve trim than a pattern arbitrarily somehow inspired by Baltimore's neighborhoods.

VjqaAP1.png

• Like 9

Atlanta Braves

• Instead of black, I went with the new really dark navy that Texas and Toronto have used for their City Connects. I also went back to the navy-on-navy alternate, I kind of miss that look now that it's gone.

1GGp178.png 2Asb8mW.png d6dMWHr.png HuypWVf.png

• Their City Connect definitely plays it safe but is overall a good look, so no changes.

lNlRjjL.png

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, MJD7 said:

went black to the navy-on-navy alternate, I kind of miss that look now that it's gone.

HuypWVf.png

i think so too, their current one looks a lot like clevelands old blue alternate

• Like 1

I was hoping that the Braves would be black and red to match with the Falcons and Georgia Bulldogs, and I'm pleased to say that the really dark navy looks indistinguishable from black on my screen. Now they just need to change the name...

• Like 1

22 hours ago, udubfan19 said:

i think so too, their current one looks a lot like clevelands old blue alternate

I'd never thought about that, but it kind of does. 

17 hours ago, lilleff512 said:

I was hoping that the Braves would be black and red to match with the Falcons and Georgia Bulldogs, and I'm pleased to say that the really dark navy looks indistinguishable from black on my screen. Now they just need to change the name...

I did go with black in my previous, jersey-only version of this series, I wanted to keep it a bit more traditional this time, but maintain a similar spirit. If you'll notice, the tomahawk is actually now a fireman's axe, replacing the stereotypical connotations of the name with something that is true to the city of Atlanta.

5 hours ago, coco1997 said:

And much like stormtroopers, the real life White Sox can't hit anything.

Only imperial stormtroopers are so precise. – @starwarsgifsasaservice on  Tumblr

Arizona Diamondbacks

• I went back to the striping style of the previous uniforms, but kept the turquoise accents, and the off-white home jersey (which I kind of predicted), as well as the new "Diamondbacks" wordmark.

vV03irs.png YWTg9jE.png l04hAoC.png pJAFss3.png

• Their City Connect is underrated in my view, so I only removed the pants stripe to go further emphasize the sand background. 

YbdPl6y.png

• Like 4