Atlanta Hawks "Bringing Back The Bird" Concept

pelicanfan

So I’ve been noticing that teams in the league are finally going back to their roots (kings going cursive, clippers going cursive, jazz going mountains, suns going sunburst.) So I thought why not do the same for the Hawks. Although I don’t think the Hawks necessarily need a change like how all those other teams did. It would still be interesting to see something like this. 

I was inspired by the 2021-22 City Editions which had a beautiful blend of modern and throwback. I wanted to create a perfect blend as well. So aside from the statement jerseys i opted to make the birds more seamless, blending in with the base of their respective jersey and making it more like a silhouette. So that way it doesn’t just look like a big logo slapped onto a jersey. As for the statement jersey, i did give it some slight individuality (thats been a current trend thanks to nike) with the extra piping and full colored hawks logo. I knew for certain that i wanted to make the statement jerseys yellow, as too many teams in the league already have black uniforms. and i mean cmon, the 21-22 city jerseys were just too much of a hit to pass up.

As charming as the 90s jerseys were, they were very much of its time. From the whole gradient scheme, to the triple color piping and font, to the big random stripe that ran down on one side of the shorts. Those were things i felt like had to be changed in order to work with a modernized design.

Untitled623-20240723231457.png

Untitled628-20240723193919.png

Untitled631-20240723193926.png

also if anyone’s wondering the logo on the shorts feature a 404 which is the area code if atlanta. this was taken from some of the marketing pieces i found from the hawks that year. i thought i’d use it on the shorts for some variation. and for anyone who needs it here’s the recolored hawk logo. which surprisingly has never already existed (the original had a brown basketball and not a yellow one)

Untitled970-20240723194239.png

And of course you can’t have new uniforms without a new court. big bird at center court and a giant fading 404 on the apron. partially inspired by the 21-22 city edition court they had which also featured a fading design 

Untitled912-20240723200712.png
Untitled682-20240723201846.png

(also yes i know its ironic that all my social media handles including my name on here explicitly show that im a pelicans fan despite making a concept for the other bird team)

• Like 9
  • Love 1
  • Applause 1

You know, I quite like this.  Can't put my finger on exactly what I like most, but it's a good concept.

• Love 1

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬