College Football by MJD7

MJD7

RPdbJfF.png

Hello there everyone, 

I've had this in the vault for nearly two years now, but I'm excited to finally announce my first venture into designing uniform concepts for college football, in honor of the start of the season!

Some important things to note about the series:

• Every team will be outfitted by Nike, we'll say this is an alternate universe where Nike somehow secured a contract with the entirety of NCAA Athletics. In reality, I'm just a Nike homer, admittedly, I think they do a better job than the other big brands, in football especially.
  • This series was heavily inspired by @colinturner95's legendary 1972 Project, @Lights Out's wonderful NCAA Football series, among others, so a big thanks to them for the inspiration!
  • I'll be doing the Power 5 conferences, plus the American Athletic Conference and the Mountain West Conference. I'll be sticking with the old conference alignments, because I think the new conference realignments are dumb.
  • With 91 teams in total, I'll try to post a team roughly every day, but can't make any promises that I won't forget a day every now & then. I might also take a break every so often & try to line up the conclusion of the series with the National Championship in January.
  • The combos I post, especially for the aways and alternates, will not necessarily be the primary combos with those jerseys, I'm moreso just trying to fit as many different helmet, pant, and sock/cleat options as possible into the original post.
  • If there are any specific combos you'd like to see that are not in the original post for a team, please let me know & I'd be happy to show you, I've probably already mocked it up!
  • I'll be going in alphabetical order, by conference, starting with the American Athletic Conference.

And with that out of the way, let's get started! I hope you enjoy my first official venture into college football.

American

Cincinnati Bearcats | East Carolina Pirates | Houston Cougars | Memphis Tigers | Navy Midshipmen | SMU Mustangs | Temple Owls | Tulane Green Wave | Tulsa Golden Hurricane | UCF Knights | UCONN Huskies | USF Bulls

ACC
Boston College Eagles | Clemson Tigers | Duke Blue Devils | Florida State Seminoles | Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets | Louisville Cardinals | Miami Hurricanes | NC State Wolfpack | North Carolina Tar Heels | Pittsburgh Panthers | Syracuse Orange | Virginia Cavaliers | Virginia Tech Hokies | Wake Forest Demon Deacons

B1G

Illinois Fighting Illini | Indiana Hoosiers | Iowa Hawkeyes | Maryland Terrapins | Michigan State Spartans | Michigan Wolverines | Minnesota Golden Gophers | Nebraska Cornhuskers | Northwestern Wildcats | Ohio State Buckeyes | Penn State Nittany Lions | Purdue Boilermakers | Rutgers Scarlet Knights | Wisconsin Badgers

Big 12

Baylor Bears | Iowa State Cyclones | Kansas Jayhawks | Kansas State Wildcats | Oklahoma Sooners | Oklahoma State Cowboys | TCU Horned Frogs | Texas Longhorns | Texas Tech Red Raiders | West Virginia Mountaineers

Independents

Army Black Knights | BYU Cougars | Notre Dame Fighting Irish

Mountain West

Air Force Falcons | Boise State Broncos | Colorado State Rams | Fresno State Bulldogs | Hawai’i Rainbow Warriors | Nevada Wolf Pack | New Mexico Lobos | San Diego State Aztecs | San José State Spartans | UNLV | Utah State Aggies | Wyoming Cowboys

PAC-12

Arizona State Sun Devils | Arizona Wildcats | California Golden Bears | Colorado Buffaloes | Oregon Ducks | Oregon State Beavers | Stanford Cardinal | UCLA Bruins | USC Trojans | Utah Utes | Washington Huskies | Washington State Cougars

SEC

Alabama Crimson Tide | Arkansas Razorbacks | Auburn Tigers | Florida Gators | Georgia Bulldogs | Kentucky Wildcats | LSU Tigers | Mississippi | Mississippi State Bulldogs | Missouri Tigers | South Carolina Gamecocks | Tennessee Volunteers | Texas A&M Aggies | Vanderbilt Commodores

• Like 2
  • Love 1

9 hours ago, Nickishim2838 said:

LFG!! This is what I've been waiting on, an up to date Cfb Series. Although I'm a little upset I won't be able to see the other group of 5 teams, I'm still very hyped for this 

Ecu looks Incredible btw 

Thanks! I hope you enjoy.

34 minutes ago, lilleff512 said:

I love this color scheme. Wrong sport, but I'd love to see the Tampa Bay (Devil) Rays do something like that to blend their current look with their 2000s look.

Way ahead of you 😉

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MJD7 said:

Tulane Green Wave

One of my favorite color schemes in all of college football (probably #2), I just added a custom number font inspired by their wordmarks.

1WcHhbf.png vflgRnn.png jx2r6Zf.png

I agree - Tulane has one of the best identities in college football. Question - why did you choose the old logo instead of the current "old-school" logo? But it looks wonderful nonetheless!

• Like 1

rAUPGPZ.png

1 hour ago, GrayJ12 said:

I agree - Tulane has one of the best identities in college football. Question - why did you choose the old logo instead of the current "old-school" logo? But it looks wonderful nonetheless!

Thanks! I mentioned this on Twitter as well, but I’ve just never really been much of a fan of the “old-school” logo, although I do understand its appeal. I just think the “T-wave” is more cohesive with the rest of their identity.

If Tulane had some sort of throwback design, I definitely wouldn’t be opposed to the old-school logo being used in that capacity.

On 9/2/2024 at 6:46 PM, MDTrey4 said:

Love all of these so far. Have you considered using the diamond pattern for Temple that was popular for a while to distinguish them from ECU?

Thank you! I did consider going with the diamond pattern instead, in fact, it was the first direction I went with them. However, since the horizontal repeating stripes pants seem to be the one staple of Temple's uniforms throughout their history, I decided to run with it & extend it to the rest of the set. It also flows very nicely with the main logo, in my opinion. Here's a look at how I attempted the diamond pattern, though:

NDTqnj4.png

• Like 3

UCF Knights

Based on their early 2010's, Blake Bortles look, I feel like UCF would be a good candidate for the "Triple Mismatch Club." These obviously wouldn't be the only combos, though, they'd mix-&-match plenty. The pants and helmet feature a sword stripe, and the sleeve feature the relatively new knight logo.

mjmARQ8.png 6lrXGLU.png J2wlIFO.png

• Like 4
  • Love 1