Teemu selanne winnipeg jets q

mr71

By the end of his rookie season he was wearing the assistant captian's "A" and I have dozens of hockey cards that show that. I don't think he was ever captain, unless it *may* have been to fill in for a day or two.

http://www.rauzulusstreet.com/hockey/nhl/p...ixmanagers.html

While Teemu was in Anaheim, Kariya was captain, but I've seen a picture or two of Teemu with the "C" when Kariya was either a holdout or hurt.

JeffB

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

Selanne wore 13 in his rookie and sophomore seasons ('92-'93, '93-'94) and 8 in his last (almost) 2 seasons ('94-'95, '95-'96). At which point he was named assistant captain escapes me, this was eight years ago already. He was never captain of the Jets.

*sigh*

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

Once again, the Winnipeg connection shines thru.

Teemu wore 13 his first two seasons, then once Randy Carlyle retired, he took over #8 (his number in Finland).

Teemu's captains while in Winnipeg were Carlyle, Keith Tkachuk, and Kris King.  I believe he was assistant, along with Teppu Numminen, his final season here before being traded to the Ducks for what amounted to a box of pucks and some stick tape (Oleg Tverdovsky and Chad Kilger, who were both traded soon after).

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Archived