Keith Miller has died

Alphabet Man

yes, the Keith Miller that played with the great Sir Don in Test Cricket for Australia and palyed 50 VFL games for St Kilda has died. He was named in the St Kilda Hall of Fame last year and got a rousing reception whe he entered in his wheelchair.

He made his test debut after WW2 against New Zealand and played with the Invincibles (1948-49)....

twitter.com/thebrainofMatt

He's actually one of the very few Australian athletes(basically besides some standouts in Australia like Ian Thorpe) I'm familiar with. He meant a lot to the game and it's a sad day to lose him. R.I.P.

Is playing 50 games with one team a lot I guess? I really don't know how long that would be.

For someone who has only played footy, 50 games is the difference between an absolute nobody and a low-end regular player.

100 games means you're of some value to your club... 150 moreso... 200 is quite an achievement... 250 is rare... 300 usually means legend status... 350 and 400 are extremely rare, and the all-time record is 426.

But for a legend cricketer, playing at the elite level in 2 sports that are completely different to each other, regardless of the amount of games played, is a very commendable achievement.

RIP Keith Miller.

Archived