Another Aussie Rules Fantasy team

rmered

Can anyone recognise the horse here?

If not, err, it's mine.

If so, I've had it as a bmp for some time, with no idea of the owner, though I vaguely remember it as a computer game co or something similar.

Does the whole thing look a bit 'busy'? I don't know if I'm 100% liking it yet.

OEG-Stallions.gif

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

Looking over some of the more modern designs teams are using, especially with the outline of the mascot, I think it's great! Though I think you need to ease up on the stripes on the side. Maybe just three bigger ones, one for each color. The diagonal effect works though. Great job. You are on the path to having the best dressed team in the league.

Detroit Dragons - 2010 ULL Gait Cup Champions

Detroit Cougars - 2010 and 2011 WAFA Wills Cup Champions

The side panels are nasty, full stop. At the absolute very least they need to be simplified down to shorter stripes. C'mon, you've seen the original Fitzroy monstrosity that tried this, why are you even contemplating replicating it???

(edit: yes, yes it seems you really have :D )

The side panels are nasty, full stop. At the absolute very least they need to be simplified down to shorter stripes. C'mon, you've seen the original Fitzroy monstrosity that tried this, why are you even contemplating replicating it???

That's how big those chevrons were, I traced them over a pic of that Fitzroy jumper.

Why am I contemplating replicating it?

I thought it was a good place to start.

And didn't we have this conversation in about 2001, in regard to the Mordor Shrikes & the Harlequin City Jokers? :)

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

(edit: yes, yes it seems you really have  :D )

That's how big those chevrons were, I traced them over a pic of that Fitzroy jumper.

And didn't we have this conversation in about 2001, in regard to the Mordor Shrikes & the Harlequin City Jokers? :)

2 things:

-you really can't go wrong with these colours, my favourite combo (look at my Personal Pic.)

- CHEVRONS Rule: Remind me of one of my best night outs in Melbourne: at the Club Chevron in 1994: Is it Still around?

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

2 things:

-you really can't go wrong with these colours, my favourite combo (look at my Personal Pic.)

- CHEVRONS Rule: Remind me of one of my best night outs in Melbourne: at the Club Chevron in 1994: Is it Still around?

They're my old school's colours, and also my company colours.

Chevron is what the Fitzroy club called them, I think they were trying to sound regal.

My understanding is that actually they are vees. Chevrons would go up in the middle, an anti-vee if you like.

As for the Chevron Nighclub, do you know how to handle yourself with a knife Frenchie? It was the place for knife fights and girls of poor reputation.

I think it's closed now.

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

...ed

You forgot the last two letters.

You remain corrected

I stand by my assertion that said Fitzroy jumper is the third worst jumper in the history of the VFL/AFL. Particularly when you consider that Fitzroy's main jumper from the same period was a very nice piece of work.

I can see how chevrons/vees could work in that capacity, but I think they are far too big and barberpole-ish as that design stands.

...ed

You forgot the last two letters.

You remain corrected

I stand by my assertion that said Fitzroy jumper is the third worst jumper in the history of the VFL/AFL. Particularly when you consider that Fitzroy's main jumper from the same period was a very nice piece of work.

I can see how chevrons/vees could work in that capacity, but I think they are far too big and barberpole-ish as that design stands.

Behind what?

West Coast Eagles Dog's Breakfast

Collingwood Barcode and Cartoon Magpie Surprise

Hawthorn Clown in Diamonds spectacular

Brisbane Hot Pink & Gold Extravaganza

Melbourne's Space Odyssey

There's five worse, and even though pcgd did a great job redrawing it, I hate the Power's CLASH mess.

That's seventh at worst.

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

Behind what?

West Coast Eagles Dog's Breakfast

Collingwood Barcode and Cartoon Magpie Surprise

Hawthorn Clown in Diamonds spectacular

Brisbane Hot Pink & Gold Extravaganza

Melbourne's Space Odyssey

I'd place it behind the clown suit and the Dog's Breakfast, none of the others.

Archived