Portland lighting logo

omnivore

One of the teams in my baseball league. First logo I've ever done (and I bet it shows) I guess what I'm curious about is how you all manage to get pictures and such inside your logos. Are you straight drawing them? (I'm not that talented) I just manipulate text. Any ideas for a newbie?

Portland Lightning

NCFA-FCS/CBB: Minnesota A&M | RANZBA (OOTP): Auckland Warriors | USA: Front Range United | IFA: Toverit Helsinki | FOBL: Kentucky Juggernaut

Minnesota A&M 2012 National Champions 2013 National Finalist, 2014 National Semi-finals 2012, 2013, 2014 Big 4 Conference Champions

portland.gif

NCFA-FCS/CBB: Minnesota A&M | RANZBA (OOTP): Auckland Warriors | USA: Front Range United | IFA: Toverit Helsinki | FOBL: Kentucky Juggernaut

Minnesota A&M 2012 National Champions 2013 National Finalist, 2014 National Semi-finals 2012, 2013, 2014 Big 4 Conference Champions

goldenstest.gif

refresh..i'm sure they're there.

I see them. They took a while to load, though. Pretty good, but nothing extraordinary. Basically just a font treatment of the name. Nice looking for wordmarks though. Don't like the brown though (that must be one of the worse shades of a brown too...)

In response rbronson, yeah, most of the time we straight draw them. BTW, Portland Lightning would be a good name to use in the WebDav Challenge, 'cept there's already a team in pro sports with the name lightning, losing it some definite 'creative' points.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

Yeah, its just my first time messing around. I was just curious to find out what you all do with yours. I don't draw, so I know there's no way I can do anything remotely close to some of the work I've seen here.

portlandlogo.gif

I can't draw, so I can't actually make a logo of some sort. I'm just not artistically inclined. :(

I made this for the WebDav contest.

It's Bolton Tiling Shadowed

Archived