afl

goalieboy82

not till at least 2007....maybe the Bulldogs will go

Bulldogs are getting big money from the government to build new facilities, they're not going anwhere.

Gold Coast would take the name of whoever transfers there.

Gold Coast Saints was mooted before the started winning again.

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

An AFL team based on the Gold Coast would be a disaster. They've never supported sports on the Gold Coast. AFL failed once before (original Bears home), basketball failed (twice), the rugby league team went bankrupt at least twice.

There are a lot more people there now but most are relocated from Brisbane and they take their loyalties with them. I just can't see a Gold Coast team competing in any sport where there is a successful team in Brisbane. It would take a very patient AFL and 15 other clubs to support a team for up to 10 years like they have with the Swans to even get a foothold on the Coast.

liverpool-1.png

if Sydney got to the G-F that'd be a great buzz for the city..... which may just be enough to stay in Sydney (even more so than their appearance in the 1996 G-F)

Brions winning 3 in a row did a lot for footy in Queensland now if Sydney won one that'd be great for Sydney...

twitter.com/thebrainofMatt

Albert Ground is in Albert Park in Melbourne, it is where the first Footy match was played, it is just a small suburban oval that i think only hosts Premier Cricket.....it is a training base for Teenis players at the Australian Open, i don't think it'll seat many people but i'm sure there is a lot of standing room on the outer

the only times i have been past it was when the Australian Open is on and they had the signs all over it

Albert Ground is in Albert Park in Melbourne, it is where the first Footy match was played, it is just a small suburban oval that i think only hosts Premier Cricket.....it is a training base for Teenis players at the Australian Open, i don't think it'll seat many people but i'm sure there is a lot of standing room on the outer

May I ask where you got that information?

My understanding was that Scotch College v Melbourne Grammar is the first recorded game of Australian Football, played at Richmond Paddock, which is now the MCG, the Punt Road Oval and their car parks.

It lasted over three Saturday afternoons, ending up 1 goal to 0, but declared a draw as they were playing first to 5.

http://www.mcg.org.au/default.asp?pg=footb...ay&articleid=36

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

in this book i have at home, published in 1973, i used it for my school speach last year....

it still says the first match was Scotch v Melb. G and goals were 1.5km apart

Ever walked from the top of the hill on the MEmbers side to the bottom of the hill outside the Punt Rd Oval?

1.5 kms.

Still there today, and nowhere near Albert Park.

can someone do for me a lions jumper that had both the bears jumper from there last year and the fritzroy jumper from there last year. i would like to see what it would look like.

thanks

I can do them any size if you'd like. I'm sure you remember the email address.

PS Still no contact re North Kangaroos logos.

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

in this book i have at home, published in 1973, i used it for my school speach last year....

Ever walked from the top of the hill on the MEmbers side to the bottom of the hill outside the Punt Rd Oval?

1.5 kms.

can someone do for me a lions jumper that had both the bears jumper from there last year and the fritzroy jumper from there last year. i would like to see what it would look like.

thanks

i was reading another book and it said played at old police paddocks there (MCG, Punt Road Oval area)... that's where i thought it was played until i read this book...

1.5 kms.

thanks

i was reading another book and it said played at old police paddocks there (MCG, Punt Road Oval area)... that's where i thought it was played until i read this book...

Yep, that's the place.

The police used to use the place for their horses.

Then the government gave it to the MCC.

Who built the MCG on it.

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

where there any other jumpers that the lions where going to use after the merger. ie how many different jumpers did they have to choose from.

There was a merger jumper made up in 1989, when Fitzroy were going to merge with Footscray.

It looked like this:

merge.gif

There were no merger jumpers designed other than this one.

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

Archived