A bunch of hockey sweater concepts

The_Admiral

I expect everyone to hate these, but I'm posting them anyway.

QUEBEC NORDIUQES:

I replaced the logo's red with royal blue to keep things all blue. Also, the sweater is a lighter blue. For numbers and names, I'm using the Pittsbugh Pirates font, because it looks old-fashioned, like Quebec City, but it's easier to read than Old English. I wrote out "Patrick Roy" because he deserves it.

nordshome.JPG

nordsroad.JPG

VANCOUVER CANUCKS:

Further development of some ideas I had back in June. I figured these colors were better to look at the the Prussian sweaters of the 80s and mid 90s, and the simpler VC is better than that whale.

canuckshome.JPG

canucksroad.JPG

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

HALIFAX:

I named this concept team the Signals, based off of maritime semaphore flags, and the lighthouses that dot the Nova Scotia coast. I wanted something bright, and something so gaudy it might gain widespread popularity in spite of itself.

signalshome.JPG

signalsroad.JPG

SEATTLE:

This is one of a few pairs of sweaters I made for a team called the Evergreens, or just Greens for short. The logo itself, an E formed by half an evergreen tree on the left with two hockey sticks and a puck forming the rest, doesn't show up well on a road sweater of any color (I just had a Rangers-style "Seattle" on the original road green), so I stuck it on brown, sort of like it was engraved on a wooden token of sorts. That's the Angels font.

greenshome.JPG

greensroad.JPG

Why, here, of course. I forgot who it was, but a great guy here posted Pirates, Padres, 80s AND current Blue Jays, Brewers, Cubs, Astros, Phillies, Angels, and more.

Do you think it would have suited that Nordiques sweater well?

Archived