Whats new with the MISL

Evan

From the San Diego Sockers site

Dear San Diego Sockers Fans:

It is with deep regret that I am announcing today the suspension of operations of the San Diego Sockers.

This was an extremely difficult decision for the new ownership group to make given the storied past of the Sockers and the high expectations that we had for the team when we took over in September. However, in light of the shortfall of support from the community, combined with a similar lack of corporate support in the community, and unfortunately, failure of some members of the ownership group to meet their funding commitments, it is clear that the team currently is not economically viable.

Please understand every possible effort was made to continue operations, but sadly the hard decision to suspend operations is the right decision.

The Team will spend the next 45 days cleaning up supplier, league, season ticket holder, corporate sponsor and employee issues.

The ownership group would like to emphasize that all outstanding issues will be completed in full and as quickly as possible. The Team will contact everyone on an individual basis to make arrangements.

To the fans and the corporate sponsors who have supported the Sockers this year and for many years through good times and bad, I thank you. I also want to thank our corporate sponsors. To the coach, the players, and the Sockers staff, I apologize for the timing of this decision, and I wish all of you the very best.

Indoor soccer is an exciting, fan-friendly sport played by outstanding athletes who are excellent role models for our children. It?s unfortunate that the game has not been embraced by more people. That said it is my sincere hope that a new ownership group can form in San Diego and the Sockers can rise again.

Sincerely,

R Kalra

Managing Partner

San Diego Sockers

Its not looking to good anymore (as if it ever was) for the MISLers. I keep forgetting to go to Wave games so I could be doing more to help the league. The attendence is down about 20%...I sure hope the Cougars can spark something when they enter the league (if it still exists) next year

peshtigobloglogocc.jpg twittericonkingslut.gif

This league(AISA,NPSL, MISL) has struggled with teams in the west.

They have had trouble with putting teams in Western cities.

the only teams they put out there were

The Denver Thunder, Monterrey Fury, Monterrey MISL team(i count those two seperate teams), San Diego Sockers, and Edmonton Drillers, and next years California Cougars in Stockton will be the only team out west, with the closest teams being Kansas City and Dallas.

Sad to see the Sockers go, but not so much for the mexican team.

Signature intentionally left blank

Archived