Sports Logo Colors

paynomind

I have created several logos for my fantasy teams, and am getting some products made. I was lazy and didnt pick Pantone colors when I created them, so I'm going back and re-assigning them.

Here is my question: if i am picking a Pantone value... what type of library should I use? Process? Coated? Uncoated?

Is there a standard out there? Anyone have any clear idea why to pick one over another?

help!

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

Coated. Almost always. Most of the printed materials use coated stock, and the colors tend to display better that way. Sometimes, you'll see alternate colors on uncoated stock, but they're rare (mostly colleges and universities, when dealing with letterhead applications). Pantone Process Colors don't get used too much, although I have found a few. Actually the Seattle Seahawks' Pacific Blue uses either a Pantone Process Color or a Toyo Ink color to represent it.

If you need assistance matching colors, I built a utility (in Access) that allows me to match up any RGB or CMYK color to the closest match to a number of different libraries - coated, uncoated, matte, metallic, pastel, textile (cotton or paper), process color, ink, thread, etc., etc. You could PM me the values you're looking for, and I could give you back the corresponding values. Your call.

Sure. But I'm not going to give away anything that might be considered confidential information. I know I've done this before, but here's a screen shot of PANTONE 194 C from my ColorValues database (right now, it's in an Access database, but I'm moving to SQL Server), and everything I store for every color:

P194C_ScreenShot.jpg

Just a concept idea-fo Madden actually-but since I'm stuck with rgb and I can't seem to get the shade just right--well, I thought I'd ask...

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

I'm not exactly sure what you're looking for, but I have a pdf somewhere which lists the CMYK values for most Pantone colors. It doesn't specify for what type of media, I think you can assume coated, but I don't know. I don't think metallics are on there. Anyway, I'll have to dig it up/find it if you want it. Just let me know what email address to send it to, PM me if you wish.

Archived