Kansas finally plays on the road...

pcgd

You make it sound like they played Whats A Matter U. They beat #8 Kentucky in their house without their best player.

semperfi.gif

"It is the soldier, not the reporter, who has given us freedom of the

press. It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us freedom of

speech. It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who has given us

the freedom to demonstrate. And it is the soldier who salutes the

flag, serves beneath the flag, whose coffin is draped by the flag, and

who allows the protester to burn the flag."

Marine Chaplain Dennis Edward O' Brien

Now I bet they are number 1 next week. Not cause Illinois lost (they didn't) but because Kansas is the most overrated program in the nation year after year.

I hate them. And they stink.

And their momma dresses them funny. ^_^

MouthoftheSouth.jpg

I don't speak for democrats, democrats don't speak for me.

Sorry, but KU is not overrated. I highly doubt they will obtain the #1 status next week. Besides what is the major signifigance in the #1 ranking? All that matters is when it's tourney time and you get one of the four number one seeds. Illionis deserves to be number one as of this minute. But KU is still top five in the country, like them or not.

ROCK CHALK JAYHAWK!

I know they are a good team. I just couldn't believe they were number 2 this whole time while playing all home games and barely winning many of them against weak teams. Dickie V has them number one.

I also know the rankings mean nothing, but it feels good to have Illinois up there for the first time that I can really remember. I remember 89, but not very well.

Also, I'm bummed cause I really wanted them to lose today so I could go "SEE I TOLD YOU THEY SUCKED!" But I was wrong...so horribly wrong.

I'm a homer, what can I say?

I know they are a good team. I just couldn't believe they were number 2 this whole time while playing all home games and barely winning many of them against weak teams. Dickie V has them number one.

I also know the rankings mean nothing, but it feels good to have Illinois up there for the first time that I can really remember. I remember 89, but not very well.

Also, I'm bummed cause I really wanted them to lose today so I could go "SEE I TOLD YOU THEY SUCKED!" But I was wrong...so horribly wrong.

I'm a homer, what can I say?

Bro, I hear you. I'm a Homer too. The Illini will go far this year, and who know maybe KU and Illinois will meet up down the road. :D

I would say that, based on the games that everyone has seen this year, they are number 2 in the country, if not number 1. It's the games that they should coast on that they seem to just skate by. I don't know if that's coaching or motivation or what, but if they play like this all year, it could be a good ending, or another Roy-esque disappointment. Getting back to the topic, if they play today's game in Lawrence, KU wins by 20, no doubt in my mind. That was one of the finest team performances in college basketball we may see this year by a top 10 team.

I've decided to give up hope for all sports teams I follow

Yeah, I didn't think I'd get away with that comment, but still, this is a team that has had to change it's entire offensive philosophy in a span of about 4 games because of Simien's injury, they're playing 3 to 4 Freshmen at one time with a team that was supposed to be loaded because of their Senior leadership. I'm sorry, but that's just impressive that they've been able to keep doing what they have. I just hope they can keep it going...

I've decided to give up hope for all sports teams I follow

Hell, the leading scorer today is a walk-on.

semperfi.gif

"It is the soldier, not the reporter, who has given us freedom of the

press. It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us freedom of

speech. It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who has given us

the freedom to demonstrate. And it is the soldier who salutes the

flag, serves beneath the flag, whose coffin is draped by the flag, and

who allows the protester to burn the flag."

Marine Chaplain Dennis Edward O' Brien

Archived