New philadelphia eagles jerseys spotted

philly97flyer

i was at champs sports yesterday at a local mall and i saw the new white eagles jersey.  it was basically the same as the one from the last few years except it has the curved typeface in white underneath the collar and the numbers are green with silver outline and black outline with a black shadow. think of the shadow pattern as similar to the ny rangers 3rd jersey. everything else in unchanged including the nameplate, which is still only 2 colored(green letters, black outline). ill look for pics and post them.

n193600158_30266861_5084.jpg

UserBar_CCSLC.jpg

what is with everyone doing the shadows?  ever since the niners did it in their throwbacks and then in the current design everyone has tried it.

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

No one is wearing pewter GMS...I don't know why the Bucs call a copper gold mix thingie pewter....

And this is dumb. There is the occasional time when I drop shadow really fits the scheme, but it doesn't for the Falcons nor for the Eagles. The Niners jerseys really aren't THAT good IMO, but they and the Dolphins can pull off drop shadows. I can't think of any other teams who use them at the moment. Oh, the Ravens, not necessary, but It doesn't look terrible.

what is with everyone doing the shadows? ever since the niners did it in their throwbacks and then in the current design everyone has tried it.

Actually, Brigham Young began using drop shadows in the 1992 Aloha Bowl a year and a half before the Niners throwbacks debuted--at which point several NCAA teams began following suit.

"I still think a tag team of Jimmy B and Melo could kick the :censored: out of Jesus and God."

Syracuse Orangemen

2003 National Champions

that's true for the colleges, but i meant more so for the nfl.  but yeah the colleges went nutso over the shadows, it was the new version of the "3D" numerals of the 1990's

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

Archived