CFL to Windsor?

officeglenn

Wasn't Glieberman the guy that tried moving the Rough Riders to Tiger Stadium after he bought them?

I tend to agree with the others. The CFL needs a team out in the Maritimes. Windsor is a 4 hour drive from Toronto and Hamilton. And sure, football fans from Detroit might come to see a CFL game in Windsor. But that will only last a season. After the novalty wears off, then it will be dependent on fans in Windsor alone. Heck, the Lions never drew well when I was living in Detroit. Why would they show up for a game in a league that most think is inferior to the NFL? I knew a few Canadians from Windsor that are big football fans, yet never watched the CFL for that reason.

Detroit Dragons - 2010 ULL Gait Cup Champions

Detroit Cougars - 2010 and 2011 WAFA Wills Cup Champions

i lived 29 years of my life in detroit and never heard anyone say 'oy'.....i have no clue what you mean by that.

You mean you never made it to Zingerman's in Ann Arbor?

find me an actual jew that works at zingerman's, besides the owner.

i said detroit, not ann arbor, farmington hills, huntington woods, birmingham, bloomfield hills, southfield, or any other suburb.

Alas, that's the difference between Detroit and St. Louis. Here in the land of 113 sovereign municipalities, everything from the Mississippi River west out to St. Charles is considered "St. Louis." The actual City of St. Louis encompasses less than a third of the geographical area that is generally considered "St. Louis."

Yeah, Detroit is Polack heaven. And raised to be guilt ridden Catholics. Me included. :P

Oh there were plenty of us north of 8 Mile. Though all my grandparents at one point or another lived in Hamtramck.

Wow, all you 810 and 248's in here... are fiasco and me the only 313's in here??? Yes, by the way, Big Beaver (16 mile road, Metro Parkway or whatever you like to call it) is exit 69 off of I-75.

"Hats for bats. Keep bats warm. Gracias"

Hey, scooter, we Norwegian Lutherans can almost match you Polish Catholics in mothers who bestow guilt trips on you.

And remember, if you feel guilty, you can always go to confession. We don't have that -- just moms who keep reminding us about it.

Still, it's all worth it just to be able to eat steak on Fridays during Lent.

It wasn't Mom dishing out the guilt. Just a Catholic conscious. But I switched to Lutheran about three years ago. And I enjoy every piece of pepperoni and sausage pizza I have on Fridays now. :D

Archived