Seattle Pilots

TwoRsAndTwoLs

So, there was a term for this, but I never want back to check the name of it. Basically, since reading Ball Four last year, and because I'm from Seattle, I've been wanting to make some "updated" Pilots stuff. Anyway, here's a couple ideas.

Pilotshome.jpg

PilotsAlt.jpg

Comments are awesome. I hope to actually get on making a logo for this, too. The vision I keep having for it is much like the current KC Royals logo.

Font for the wordmarks is Sad Films.

Every Fifth Day is a

HappyFelixDay.gif

Couple of questions/suggestions...is the first jersey supposed to be a vest or does it just have colored sleeves? If it's not a vest, then maybe I'd do white sleeves with yellow stripes and a thin blue outline. I like the stripes on the sleeves (seems very naval/nautical). I would definitely lose the Sox number font. When I look at the home jersey, I keep thinking of the Red Sox.

For the logo itself, it may be difficult to do, but what if you made an "SP" within a waving nautical flag? I have an idea in my head but don't know If I could describe it well enough. I got the idea from taking the "s" from your wordmark and connecting the top of the "s" to the bottom of the "p". If you connect the two, they seem to be in motion, almost like a flag in the wind. Like I said, it'd be hard, but could look really good if done right.

I was thinking sleeveless, but I'll look into it otherwise, because that sounds interesting.

I think the Pilots originally used that font for numbers... I have to say I've had kindof an addiction to it lately, because it's distinctive, but in a rather classy way. I'm not so sure if I liked the italics on the other jersey, though.

And I'm not sure entirely what you mean with the nautical flag, but hopefully I'll have time to come up with something within the week.

Thanks for the comment.

Every Fifth Day is a

HappyFelixDay.gif

I tried to display what I was talking about in paint, but it's not that good. In the upper left corner, you can see what I mean about the s & p connecting. To me, when connected, it almost reminded me of a flag in motion. I just tried a lame attempt at drawing a flag and just sticking letters inside. Hopefully, you can do better.

pilotsjpg3zl.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Those look great. They really look like something you'd see a pilot wear when your walking on the plane.

However I think powder blue is dead in the Major Leagues and the Mariners would be hesitant to go back the the colors of the 80s when they weren't all that great then

Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% about how you react to it.
App State Mountaineers / Alabama Crimson Tide / Atlanta Braves / New York Jets / Atlanta Hawks
"If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride - and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high but so are the rewards." [Bear Bryant]
Redmond Rampage

Those look great. They really look like something you'd see a pilot wear when your walking on the plane.

However I think powder blue is dead in the Major Leagues and the Mariners would be hesitant to go back the the colors of the 80s when they weren't all that great then

I was shooting for something of a blue-gray. Some teams have a really gray color of gray and some have a gray with a little bit of blue in it, which I like more... only trouble is that sometimes my laptop colors don't turn out exactly how I want them. I think this was a 200-200-255 color.

Thanks for the comment!

Every Fifth Day is a

HappyFelixDay.gif

Archived