Piedmont College Concept

cward

PiedmontPackage.png

I was contacted about possibly designing a new set of wordmarks and alternate logos for Piedmont College. They wanted to keep the original circle lion logo, but just update the rest of the package.

c&c appreciated.

www.skyedesignstudios.com

The upwards slant looks more like a design flaw than an intended characteristic. It makes all the wordmarks float away rather than remain grounded.

It's one thing to imply motion or dynamic energy with an italicized or obliqued font, but in this case, I don't understand why everything lifts up and to the right.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

jpslapshot-

I see what you saying about it "goin off the page". The reason I did that was to give the package a more unique feel as well as to make it look sharper than it would have if it was horizontally sheared only.

For reference, Seton Hall, Bucknell, and Boise St. (to name a few) also use this style of shearing, and they all are solid packages. I appreciate the input man.

www.skyedesignstudios.com

Man you can say that again. My modernized version (see other Piedmont thread a page or two back) got shot down, and they said they just wanted more depth added to their crrent logo as opposed to a new identity. I thought I did a solid job of updating the lion, but alas poor, outdated design wins again. I guess I have to try again.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Archived