Jacksonville jaguars helmet

rtrich11

So, where's the teal? I see the center stripe, but that isn't much, especially if you're looking at a side view of the helmet.

Also, isn't this the logo about which the car manufacturer was suing? I don't think they'd be able to use it. Sorry to rain on your parade :)

It's where I sit.

As a die-hard Jaguars fan myself, I have mixed emotions about this. Personally... I hate the stripe. Not your fault, I know. It was in the original design. But, after seeing the solid black helmet they have now, I can't imagine it with a stripe, nor would I want to. I always liked their first logo, although I'm glad they changed it to what they have now, even if it wasn't their choice.

I always liked their first logo, although I'm glad they changed it to what they have now, even if it wasn't their choice.

I think the hacking cat they wound up with is a great helmet logo.  The tongue of teal is unique and a great touch - an oddity that will probably be a team tradition not to be disturbed by time.

IMHO, the Jacksonville Jaguars' primary logo - i.e. the Jaguar head featured on the helmet - is THE finest logo in sports. Hands down! A simple, sharp, agressive, menacing, realistic rendering of a jaguar's head. It is the gold standard by which all other sports logos should be judged.

Brian in Boston

Actually, I do agree that the current Jags logo is great. This is no replacement design. Perhaps the new is better than the original, although I think it's good enough to be used somewhere. My problem with the current helmet in respect to the unis is it suffers a little from "black goes with everything". When the unis were black (let's forget the pants), they matched better by showing more gold in the trim to match the helmet.

So to get the teal on the helmet I tried it on the stripe for balance. So the diehards say it failed because the current helmet is great, but I dunno. Put a jersey with this and it I can see it.

My problem with the current helmet in respect to the unis is it suffers a little from "black goes with everything". When the unis were black (let's forget the pants), they matched better by showing more gold in the trim to match the helmet.

BINGO!

I'm not sure where I read this, but someone commented that you need to view all the parts of the uniform to see what works.  The Jaguars helmet is fine.  The jersey is fine.  The pants are fine.

They don't look good together, though.  Stick with the black jerseys, and all would be solved (white pants, please).  Since they're no longer in the same division as Baltimore and Pittsburgh, that should be less of a problem.

Oh yeah, it was on Canis' site that someone made the post about the various uniform parts.

It's where I sit.

I don't know... I think that their current uniforms look fine. I might suggest standardizing the striping patterns a bit, just so that the jersey collar, sleeve cuffs and pant striping show some consistency. However, that would be the most I'd do.

It's just that you've already got six NFL teams wearing black jerseys, not to mention the nine that wear navy/dark blue. Adding the Jaguars to the mix would mean that half the league was outfitted in very dark home jerseys. Nine of those teams would be in the AFC. I say leave well enough alone.

On a side note, if you were going to have the Jaguars make the switch to a black jersey, I'd want there to be more than just a token "dash" of teal trim on the jersey. Otherwise, you'd just be creating the polar opposite of the so-called "problem" people seem to be bemoaning now (i.e. "The helmets SO black, but where's the black on the uniform?")

Brian in Boston

Archived