Chelsea FC 2005/6 kit

DEAD!

Secondly, I would assume that the darker Arsenal jersey would be for all competitions next season. I also would imagine that the sponsors logo would remain. As far as I know Emirates is only a tie up with the new stadium, and o2 will remain the shirt sponsor, although i am not certain about that.

Emirates purchased stadium naming and shirt rights as per the following from the arsenal.com website

The agreement provides the Dubai-based international airline with naming rights to Arsenal's new £357 million stadium. The new 60,000 seat stadium will be known as Emirates Stadium with immediate effect and for the next 15 years.

In addition, Emirates will take over as the Club's title sponsor - including 'Fly Emirates' shirt sponsorship - for eight years, starting from the 2006/07 season, the first playing season in the new Emirates Stadium.

Therefore those burgundy shirts would have O2 as a sponsor.

I stand corrected!!

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

You're probably right that the redcurrant Arsenal shirt is for all competitions.

That will make four uniforms in four years - the original red/white O2 shirt, the second (current) red/white 02 shirt, the redcurrant one for next year and the red/white Emerates to be worn in 2006/2007.

Archived